• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SethG

Changes in wine coverage at the Times

2 posts in this topic

Are you planning any changes in the way the Times covers wine? Any major features coming up that you can preview for us?

And how, by the way, would a person go about getting himself invited to one of your tasting panels? :biggrin:

Edited by SethG (log)

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast;

but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast!"

Modesty requires me not to make pronouncements about vision. I do hope that I can write a column that appeals to the entire spectrum of NYT readers, from people who just would like some suggestions about what to drink with dinner to connoisseurs, and I hope that the passion and enthusiasm I feel comes through.

As for the wine panel, the main requirement for guests is that they can teach us something about what we're tasting, and that they are good company.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0