• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Party space needed

Ryderpond

One of my club's is looking for a restaurant to hold their December, 2005 holiday dinner for 25 people on a weekday evening within the first two weeks of that month. Some of the parameters include a private or semi private room in Bergen County, moderate cost and ample parking. Type of cuisine is open as long as meat, fish and chicken entrees are available .

I'm looking for suggestions from the egullet gang.

Sue

One of my club's is looking for a restaurant to hold their December, 2005 holiday dinner for 25 people on a weekday evening within the first two weeks of that month.  Some of the parameters include a private or semi private room in Bergen County, moderate cost and ample parking.  Type of cuisine is open as long as meat, fish and chicken entrees are available .

Sue

Morton's in Hackensack has two private dining rooms.

I would definitely suggest Vivo Ristorante, 316 Valleybrook Ave., Lyndhurst, NJ

Tel: 201-372-0300.

A club that I belong to had their 2004 christmas party there and there was approx. 25 of us in their party room. Their food is delicious and I would say moderately priced. They also have their own parking lot.

In New Milford, Lieto Italia on Main Street is very good.

Ciao Bella in Cresskill is another good one.

Ondines in Closter.

In Bogota, La Famiglia has a room upstairs, but the food is just ok

Cafe Italiano in Englewood Cliffs is very good and has space upstairs.

Hope these are of some help.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming! I have a few months to sample your suggestions before I have to book the December party.

Grand Grille, The Restaurant and Morton's are too pricey for the club's budget ($40 per person, tax and gratuity included) and we have to stay in Bergen County because of its central location to our membership base.

Sue

What about China 46??? I'm sure Cecil would work with you to come up with a menu that has all of the items you want, the price is certainly right, and they have plenty of parking!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I've been to two private parties recently (the past 6 months or so) that were worth comment:

Bacari Grill (Washington Twp): nice service, bright-spacious-pretty room, decent basic food considering amount of people (baby shower for about 60 women). All were served a generous salad, mid-course of penne vodka, and had a choice of 3 entrees. I had a chicken picatta-like dish w/ standard well-prepared veggies and rice. Good flower decorated cake, but don't know if it was 'imported'.

Rocca (Glen Rock): Christening for about 40-50ppl; great food, given a choice of 3-4 apps/3-4 entrees (had butternut squash soup and salmon with lentils). Also had beautifully decorated cake that was delicious and prob. came from there b/c they have a pastry chef. Service was nice here as well, we were comfortable in the dining room with the curved wall.

Unfortunately, I wasn't involved in planning either of these, so I can't comment on the pricing. I do know that the hosts of both parties were very satisfied overall.

• 8 months later...
One of my club's is looking for a restaurant to hold their December, 2005 holiday dinner for 25 people on a weekday evening within the first two weeks of that month.  Some of the parameters include a private or semi private room in Bergen County, moderate cost and ample parking.  Type of cuisine is open as long as meat, fish and chicken entrees are available .

Sue

try the FAT KAT in little ferry

try the FAT KAT in little ferry

But before you do, you might want to read this thread since she's so happy to stand by her statements.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."