• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate tasting kit in seattle

Eden

Anyone know where I can buy a chocolate tasting kit like this in the Seattle area?

I have pulled together my own smaller tasting with random little bars from various chocolatiers but I like the idea of the 24 different varieties all from one source so the the variations are about the chocolate not about the brand...

This is our Valentines Day plan :biggrin:

thanks for any leads,

Eden

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

You may be able to have something delivered by mid day on Monday. If not, celebrate Tuesday. I am stunned by the variety of product on this site. The prices are high, but these are not easy to find.

www.chocosphere.com

Check out the Pralus, Dolfin, and Michel Cluizel sampler sets.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Anyone know where I can buy a chocolate tasting kit like this in the Seattle area?

It figures that I click on this on Valentines Day. It's probably too late for you today, but clicking on "Find Retailer" on the Web site you provide shows a place in Olympia.

Batdorf & Bronson Roasters

200 Market Street NE

Olympia WA, 98501

360-754-JAVA

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

It figures that I click on this on Valentines Day. It's probably too late for you today, but clicking on "Find Retailer" on the Web site you provide shows a place in Olympia.

Batdorf & Bronson Roasters

200 Market Street NE

Olympia WA, 98501

360-754-JAVA

A friend down in Olympia originally told me about this in fact, I just didn't have time to drive down there before this evening, but thanks!

Happily, thanks to a mention on egullet :biggrin:, I discovered that Bottleworks, of all places, carries Leonidas, one of our favorite brands of chocolate :wub: so we got a box of those to share instead & will do the chocolate tasting another time...

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

If you go down to Batdorf's, be sure to get some coffee - it's really good!

“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully.

"It's the same thing," he said.”

Taller half went through the Pralus tower. She bought it at the Galleries Lafayette in Paris. I know for a fact they have the same tower at twice the price (even after currency conversion and credit card fees) at Larry's in Bellevue. Mind you the Pralus squares are huge, you could have a party with about 10 people and everyone would be overwhelmed by chocolate.

The michel cluizel tablettes are good a choice and I know that the PCC in View Ridge carries a lot of his chocs. However, I'm not sure about smaller quantities. His chocolate is quite lovely and reasonable IMHO.

Caffe tasse has small tablettes, but not territorial, more flavored. Not a good choice for a tasting.

If someone you know is going to London soon -- you can have them pick up the Pralus tower at Monmouth Coffee at Borough Market at only 1.4 times the price. :)

Hope this helps.

lalala

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.