• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BrickHouse Brewery

ghostrider

I posted about this place in the NY Forum but since it's buried in a thread about Patchogue, I wonder how many beer lovers actually saw it.

BrickHouse Brewery

I tried the BrickHouse Red, which I thought had nicely balanced flavors, but was overly fizzy and seemed to lose its head too quickly.

My friend had the Hurricane Kitty, which was described at the bar as an IPA. I would have termed it amber. He reported it was hoppy indeed. It held its head properly. He liked it a lot.

Has anyone else been to this place?

Edited by ghostrider (log)

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

Both I and Bob Rescinito stopped into this place around a year and a half ago, and found the beers to be acceptable, if not dazzling. I do recall the red as pretty tasty, the others not nearly as memorable.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Beer and food in this place were, as Rich says, acceptable. But just around the corner at Blue Point Brewery, now there they have some great tasting beers! Check out their tasting room on Thursdays and Friday from 3-7pm and Saturdays from noon until 7pm. You will be glad you did. Then, while in the area, look for Fadely's Deli and Pub. A nice little neighborhood joint that serves a very respectable selection of beer. This is one of those places where you walk in and immediately feel at home.

Bob R in OKC

Home Brewer, Beer & Food Lover!