• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alice Waters Venture - Merged topics

cigalechanta

I have not read anything on Alice herself opening a place, but I did read that a sous chef of hers lives here 6 months out of the year and runs an underground restaurant in an apartment that used to be occupied by David Sedaris. No idea where in Paris the apartment is, but I hear they serve serve big pots of communal food at a reasonable price of 35€ a person.

The chef is named David Panis. Here's the website: http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/chienlunatique/

Apparently he's cooking at Chez Panisse for the summer.

I wrote to them a vey long time ago and never heard back. I thought they were closed, however the menu they have posted now is much simpler, so it looks like they are still around.

There was also a squat in the 20th which served dinner on Friday nights and was getting some press a while back.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Adam Gopnick wrote about this a few years ago in the New Yorker, then in Paris to the Moon. I too had later read that the plan fell through.

Shira

Paris

lespetitpois.blogspot.com