• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

catering/delivery

babka

My office has one late night a week on which we order dinner in. It's typically pretty wretched stuff--reheated lasagna, dry chicken breasts, sticky-sweet salad dressing, and the occasional much-anticipated sandwich platter. The woman who's just taken over ordering is looking for better suggestions, and since I've got more than a vested interest in the outcome, I thought I'd see what you all could come up with. Our budget is $400, and we've got to feed 23-27 people. Any ideas?

Who do you already order from?

an unremarkable local caterer who thoroughly earned the description I gave above but doesn't deserve the public thrashing of having their name published. :hmmm:

Edited by babka (log)

California Tortilla does a better job with catering than Chipotle in my experience, but it all depends on whose burritos ya'll like better.

I think you should try to go Asian. Meiwah could probably do it for you. Indian is a great suggestion, if there's a decent place nearby. For that matter, all the sandwich chains cater, so if you can stomach Au Bon Pain or Corner Bakery they may work. (I wonder if Breadline caters? Worth a call.) There's also places like Penang and even the Greek Deli on 19th. There has to be better pizza available--maybe Sette could do it, and provide some salads alongside?

Oh, CF Folks does great catering. I used to work in an office where CF Folks catered a lunch once a month--it was widely regarded as one of the top benefits of the job.

Mnebergall, they're the same owners. Actually the CF Folks catering operation is housed in the Well-Dressed Burrito space.