• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sue Casey

Sue Casey

updated asking price

I am retiring so I am selling a single arm confectionery guitar cutter.  Reduced to  $3400 CAD.  It’s professional quality equipment.  It is in great condition.

Purchased new from Design & Realization. I used it for cutting square and rectangular truffles which were a nice alternative to the round truffles. They were popular shapes for both weddings and retail.

Here's the description from the Design and Realization site:

"The Single Chocolate Guitar Cutter is a time saving precision cutting machine that is designed for professional Chocolatiers to cut into precise shapes ganache, praline, jelly, soft caramel, fudge, almond paste, marzipan and more. There is no need to rely on guesswork or individual cutters and you can ensure a clean and fine cut every time you use this confectionery cutting device.

NO PLASTIC! The Single Chocolate Guitar Cutter is made from heavy duty anodized aluminum and stainless steel so it is highly durable and easy to clean.”

Here’s what I’m selling as a package deal:

Confectionery Guitar & 4 Cutting Frames 

15 mm, 22.5 mm, 30 mm and 37.5 mm

Cart

Description from Design & Realization.  Cart holds space for "5 guitar cutting frames. It also has a table on the top of the cart for convenient working and the two wheels at the back of the cart make it simple and convenient to move. The cart for chocolate guitar cutter is very lightweight and is also easy to clean; perfect for use in professional kitchens and school culinary laboratories."

Ganache frames & Dividers
3  x 15 mm
3  x 19mm
1  x 8 mm
1 x 10 mm
1  x 12 mm

5  x 19 mm dividers
2  x 15 mm dividers

1  x ganache leveler

1 x take-off tray

Extra strings and repair tools

Sue Casey

Sue Casey

updated list

If anyone is looking for a single arm confectionery guitar cutter, I have one for sale.  Asking $4100 CAD.  It’s professional quality equipment and in great condition.

Purchased new from Design & Realization. I used it for cutting square and rectangular truffles which were a nice alternative to the round truffles. They were popular shapes for both weddings and retail.

"The Single Chocolate Guitar Cutter is a time saving precision cutting machine that is designed for professional Chocolatiers to cut into precise shapes ganache, praline, jelly, soft caramel, fudge, almond paste, marzipan and more. There is no need to rely on guesswork or individual cutters and you can ensure a clean and fine cut every time you use this confectionery cutting device.

NO PLASTIC! The Single Chocolate Guitar Cutter is made from heavy duty anodized aluminum and stainless steel so it is highly durable and easy to clean.”

Cart

Description from Design & Realization.  Cart holds space for "5 guitar cutting frames. It also has a table on the top of the cart for convenient working and the two wheels at the back of the cart make it simple and convenient to move. The cart for chocolate guitar cutter is very lightweight and is also easy to clean; perfect for use in professional kitchens and school culinary laboratories."

3  x 15 mm
3  x 19mm
1  x 8 mm
1 x 10 mm
1  x 12 mm

5  x 19 mm dividers
2  x 15 mm dividers

1  x ganache leveler

1 x take-off tray

Extra strings and repair tools

Sue Casey

Sue Casey

If anyone is looking for a single arm confectionery guitar cutter, I have one for sale.  Asking $4100 CAD.  It’s professional quality equipment and in great condition.

Cart

3  x 15 mm
3  x 19mm
1  x 8 mm
1 x 10 mm
1  x 12 mm

5  x 19 mm dividers
2  x 15 mm dividers
1  x ganache leveler
Sue Casey

Sue Casey

with cart for storing frames

3  x 15 mm
3  x 19mm
1  x 8 mm
1 x 10 mm
1  x 12 mm

5  x 19 mm dividers
2  x 15 mm dividers