• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Specific Wine Store Rec. Needed

I am interested in tasting and learning more about wines from the Bandol and Languedoc-Roussillon regions of France. I like what I have tasted from Mourvedre grapes (mostly blends).

Does any local shop show specialization in these regions? Does anyone here sell Kermit Lynch wines?

Thanks

Edited by DCMark (log)

I see the Kermit Lynch label around a lot, I'm fairly sure sure he's im most major wine shops. I might try Andy Bassins in Palisades, up McCarthur Blvd. I don't get there often, but when I do, I'm always struck by the amount of southern French wine they stock.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

A good book that you might enjoy perusing while drinking your purchases is Languedoc-Roussillon: The Wines and Wine Makers by Paul Strang. It's fairly up-to-date, published in 2002, and is available on Amazon.

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.