• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Delta Coffee (from Portugal)

lambretta76

Following a (too) brief trip to Portugal this past summer, I became hopefully addicted to Delta coffee. It's not particularly special, but the taste balance works perfectly for my taste buds. Now, I've since given up caffeine (it's health related, as prescribed by a doctor, so no yelling), and I've become again addicted to this coffee, particularly, the Delta Café Lights - Café Descafeinado.

My question to you is, does anyone know where I can purchase this coffee, along with other Delta coffees, online? (I also really liked the East Timor coffee I purchased to bring home while in Oporto.)

Owen -

Thanks for the hint. Actually - I realised I forgot to put that in - that I actually purchase it from that Seabra's, but I do not have a car and only find myself out in the Newark area once every couple of months or so. So, a better source for this would be much appreciated. BTW, the big Seabra's was selling decaf espresso for $1.99 a pound last weekend - it makes a solid cup in my stovetop espresso maker.

I was actually down on Ferry Street this past Friday night on an all-too-brief downstate vist. Had dinner at Brasilia - the grileld chicken dish from the "light meals" portion of the menu only had about a pound or so of chicken and a mountain of rice, veggies and potatoes :biggrin: In a place that serves decent rodizio at $18.95 including the hot and cold salad buffet that is considered to be a light meal :rolleyes:

I wish it hadn't been so late - the stores were closed and I was unable to stock up on cured chorizo :sad: