• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite/Best Italian Restaurants in London

I always find these questions difficult because 'best' is very different to 'favourite'.  If you really want the "best" then you're better off looking at professional reviews, for example Time Out.  Because to seriously list the best would mean you have to eat at all of them.

FWIW we used to live close enough to walk to an Italian restaurant called Artigiano.  They didn't make the Time Out top 100 list, but they have an Oscar on the wall, donated by a friendly cinematographer.  I don't remember the food that well but my wife and I now have photos of us holding a genuine Oscar trophy, which isn't something you can do in every Italian restaurant!