• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Settebello

dodger

Is it gone!!! Anyone know who bought it if it is???

Edited by dodger (log)

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Hunter S. Thompson ---- R.I.P. 1939 - 2005

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

My friend has eaten there and complained that the portions were very small. He ordered the spaghetti and said there was perhaps 3/4 cup of food on his plate. I heard that they're under new management though, so maybe this has changed? My friend ate there last year.

edit: hey dodger, you edited your post. Did you ask something about the food in your original post?

Edited by Ling (log)

As noted in this Georgia Straight blurb, Settebello was recently purchased by Romy Prasad and Dee Anand, formerly of CinCin. Opening date slated for February 15.

Whatever they make of it will certainly be an enormous improvement over Settebello's previous incarnation which was mediocre at best.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Is it gone!!! Anyone know who bought it if it is???

Here you go Dodger

I think that a Spring Break launch is more realistic though.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

I just did a search for it on eGullet and found an article by Jamie, it is being redone....

Anyone know what happened to Rob Ward (I believe he owned it for some time with another fellow) I worked with him at the Keg as a manager back in '96.

Just curious.

John

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

--Mark Twain

Boy Jamie you are fast!!!!

Thanks for the info though!!

John

--Mark Twain

I just did a search for it on eGullet and found an article by Jamie, it is being redone....

Anyone know what happened to Rob Ward (I believe he owned it for some time with another fellow) I worked with him at the Keg as a manager back in '96.

Just curious.

John

Yes, he married my sister in law. I see him all of the time. PM me your contact info and I can pass it along.

Neil

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

Wow...small world.....any idea what he is doing now!!!

Is he still with that group of restaurants??

John

--Mark Twain