• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SEA] Madison Park Cafe

Why haven't I heard of this restaurant before???

I heard that Chef Brian recently did a 'Gypsy' dinner and the individual crocks of cassoulet was a huge hit. So while at Improptu wine bar with friends last night we decided to walk over and give it a try. It was 9pm and they were suppose to close at 10pm but they were more than gracious and sat 6 of us as the last of their customers left for the night.

I spoke to Chef Brian for a bit, he is quite a spark and truely loves what he is doing. He was so nice, answering questions and chatting up everyone.

We had such items as chicken liver pate (fantastic!), onion soup (the broth was WOW!!!), cassoulet (everything it's cracked up to be) duck breast in 5 spice and orange (they raved!!), etc. etc.

Cheese course was the only 'o.k' desserts were great! At 11:30 when we left Chef Brian had already gone home and again the staff never once made us feel bad for being there (and dense as we are we felt fine! :raz: )

Prices are really good $15-23 entrees

Wine were priced extremely fairly.

Who else has eaten here or knows more about this Chef who if I ran into him on the street would think he was 23 and heading to a punk rock concert?? :biggrin:

That sounds really great. I've only had brunch there infrequently on the weekend, which is pleasant and good, but seems geared for the octogenarian set.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

seems geared for the octogenarian set.

yes, this is definately the case but not really at the wish of the Chef. What other restaurant would close at 10pm on a Fri night??

We apologized for being loud and the staff replied that it was fun as most of their clients were between 60 and 210! :laugh:

My kitchen manager and his GF (both in thier early 20's) had dinner at the Madison Park Cafe last week and raved about the pate and cassoulet. I was surprised when they told me they were going because of the old school Seattle atmostphere but they had a great time! Maybe Chef Brian can shake things up a bit down there in Mad Park.

Can't wait to try it!

• 4 months later...