• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Doorly's XO

BobL

Hi folks I'm delurking because I've recently found and started drinking Doorly's. I think that is like Ron Zacapa meets Havana Club 7. IMHO I think that his may be the best rum that I've ever had.

Any thought would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for coming out of the cyber closet. Doorly's XO has been one of my favorites for a long time. At the Newport Boat Show in 2002, Doorly's XO was being served on the rocks and a lot of people couldn't believe it was so good, many thought it was fine whisky. Another of those rums that should be on your list of things to try and add to the rum shelf.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

There's a list of my favorite rums on my website, take a look at the menu on the left side of the page.

Ah, I was happy to see Cockspur VSOR on your list! I just wish I could find it somewhere in British Columbia...

(no this was not the first time I took a look at your list but as I revisited it, I just had to comment on the Cockspur...)

(hmm... I was about to write "loot" instead of "look"... I guess it reveals a bit of my feelings towards your collection... :biggrin: )