• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets (2005-2012)

Afterburner

That looks like a whole lot of bunnies!

No doubt Ruth made only a few, turned her back for a second, and they multiplied greatly. :raz:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

No doubt Ruth made only a few, turned her back for a second, and they multiplied greatly. :raz:

You need this mold for that to happen.

gallery_34671_3115_1561.jpg

You ARE evil!!!! :raz:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Ruth – your bunnies are adorable and the flavors sound wonderful. I especially love the little ones that are ‘cuddling’!

The other day I made this silly little cake:

P1040025.JPG

I made it for a work birthday, that I had forgotten about until the night before and I needed to get ready for the NOLA trip. It’s a weird, but still pretty good, cake that my mother makes – it’s a cake mix that you put the frosting into. Everyone at work ADORED it. I bring in a homemade, from scratch carrot cake and they say – “that’s so good”, but I bring in a cake mix cake with canned frosting stirred in and they lose their minds :hmmm: . I did tart it up with some really good melted chocolate, dulche de leche and toasted pecans.

Kerry, please say you know a source for that mold. :biggrin:

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Kerry, please say you know a source for that mold. :biggrin:

The mold is Chocolate World - looks like Tomric has it listed. It doesn't seem to be available at Chocolat-chocolat, but sometimes if you phone them they might have a mold that isn't listed anymore - worth a call.

A Mixed Berry Tiramisu...There is something about making your own ladyfingers as opposed to buying them...

Also, brownies filled with milk chocolate ganache and topped with caramel and pink sea salt....

Hi Chocolot,

Your bunnies look great! I'm curious, how many molds do you have of those

bunnies? When I first starting making shaped chocolates and ordering

molds I only bought one mold per shape when I should have bought multple

molds of the same shape......

Rena

I made a low-fat apple cake for a friend who's at home recovering from recent surgery. Lots of apple, coated with a sugar-cinnamon mixture...

eg_apples.jpg

just before it went in the oven, with more of the sugar-cinnamon sprinkled on top...

eg_applecake1.jpg

just after it came out, with a lovely cracked top...

eg_applecake2.jpg

and out of the pan...

eg_applecake3.jpg

I'm very tempted to bake another one so I can show how beautiful it is sliced, too.

I made this today, however it is not low fat. Butter instead of margarine, real cream cheese instead of no fat. I also added more vanilla & cinnamon. Steve's rule, whenever these two ingredients appear in the same recipe, add more for better taste. Also for the cinnamon/sugar mix I used brown sugar instead of white.

It tastes really, really good. We have did not let it cool before tasting it, only because we were making sure I did not ruin it, ah yea, that's the ticket...LOL so It crumbled a bit.

Its as stone cold winning recipe. Thank you for bringing it to out attention.

applecak.jpg

applecake.jpg

Also, I had some peach & pineapple pieces in the fridge, I washed the syrup of, dried well and inserted into the mix.

Edited by Aloha Steve (log)

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

I made this today, however it is not low fat. Butter instead of margarine, real cream cheese instead of no fat. I also added more vanilla & cinnamon. Steve's rule, whenever these two ingredients appear in the same recipe, add more for better taste. Also for the cinnamon/sugar mix I used brown sugar instead of white.

I'm glad you tried it and enjoyed it! And yeah, I never use margarine (blech), so I guess I kinda lied when I said "low-fat". Heh.

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

Thanks for the comments. The spheres aren't filled - they're enormous, c.15cm round. Here are a few close-ups I found which show the detail better - still taken on my phone, though.

photo.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

===================================================

I kept a blog during my pâtisserie training in France: Candid Cake