• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets (2005-2012)

Afterburner

Last Friday we celebrated our daughter's 25th birthday. She requested fondue instead of cake and ice cream, so I did Toblerone fondue and caramel with assorted dippers:

gallery_34972_3580_36465.jpg

gallery_34972_3580_58265.jpg

apples, pears, strawberries, bananas

gallery_34972_3580_95561.jpg

gallery_34972_3580_18449.jpg

thin mints, angelfood & poundcake, dried fruit, meringue cookies, coconut macaroons and some lovely marshmallows from Whole Foods

gallery_34972_3580_186227.jpg

Mr. Kim's plate.

Last Friday we celebrated our daughter's 25th birthday.  She requested fondue instead of cake and ice cream, so I did Toblerone fondue and caramel with assorted dippers:

gallery_34972_3580_36465.jpg

gallery_34972_3580_58265.jpg

apples, pears, strawberries, bananas

gallery_34972_3580_95561.jpg

gallery_34972_3580_18449.jpg

thin mints, angelfood & poundcake, dried fruit, meringue cookies, coconut macaroons and some lovely marshmallows from Whole Foods

gallery_34972_3580_186227.jpg

Mr. Kim's plate.

Your table looks FABULOUS and DELICIOUS thanks for sharing.

Pat

I hope this thread is still active next week. I'm hosting a Valentines Day Chocolate Tasting Party (I started another thread somewhere...) and will take pictures of the treats I'm making. My concept is simple - everyone likes Chocolate.

(If not, there is something wrong with them anyway...)

We have three "courses" set; starting with the White Chocolate Course, moving to a Milk Chocolate and finally, the rich, dense Dark Chocolate Course

Each course, paired with a different wine -

In our eyes, good friends, good wine and good chocolate - what more could we ask for???

Come on over...always room for another sweet tooth/wine lover

Thanks, but it's a bit too far, both from Ontario...our home...and from Moab UT where we are now for the next three wonderful sunshine filled months! :wub:

Have a good party. We will just have to eat chocolate in Moab. :smile: (Brought some with me and am ordering some more today.)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I hope this thread is still active next week.  I'm hosting a Valentines Day Chocolate Tasting Party (I started another thread somewhere...) and will take pictures of the treats I'm making.  My concept is simple - everyone likes Chocolate.

(If not, there is something wrong with them anyway...)

We have three "courses" set; starting with the White Chocolate Course, moving to a Milk Chocolate and finally, the rich, dense Dark Chocolate Course

Each course, paired with a different wine -

In our eyes, good friends, good wine and good chocolate - what more could we ask for???

Should be fun, I did something similar last year on V-day at the restaurant after hours for some of our regulars. I did 6 dessert courses built around chocolate (but not spotlighting the chocolate in every course as that would have been a bit much) plus a take-home box of bon bons and homemade chocolate body paint for each person.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

delish as ever isomer! And what clean edges (now I'm just harassing you!).

Here are a few recent things.

Butterscotch cheesecake

gallery_41282_4652_37690.jpg

Inspired by something I had by Adrian Vasquez at Providence, White truffle infused ganache inside of chocolate pasta with blood orange reduction and cracked pepper.

gallery_41282_4652_8156.jpg

And with the same ganache, I made this lil treat

gallery_41282_4652_36752.jpg

Edited by gfron1 (log)

I made the meyer lemon and chocolate tart from Sunday Suppers with Lucques. I added candied lemon peel to the top for decoration. This was my first time making a tart, I was pretty happy with it.

Bee-oo-ti-ful. I am almost drooling on the keyboard. :wub: And the glaceed lemon peel on top...exquisite.

I just bought my first ever Meyer lemons in Albuquerque and am on my way with the candied peel. The lemon innards are in the fridge waiting for just this kind of inspiration.

Wonderful!!!

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Hi everyone! My sweets aren't fancy like all of yours, but the other day I made a rustic cherry tart. It was pretty good. I think I'll make another one for Valentine's Day since I can't go to Rob's Kama Sutra dinner :wink:

gallery_54689_4781_676983.jpg

I think it looks great as well, and gfron1 has the RIGHT idea - a little ice cream, a little Port... who needs anything else?

I'm totally jealous I'm not at the Kama Sutra dinner - am anxiously awaiting news on how it all turned out

gallery_60187_6088_322981.jpg

Today I tried out my new Dedy guitar. I made Grewelings Dark and Stormies. The guitar was flawless, unlike my dipping!! 50 years of hand dipping and 5 months of fork dipping. It is sooooo much faster to hand dip, but I will keep fork dipping until I am good and fast! I also see finger prints. Will I ever learn???

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com