• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Daily Sweets (2005-2012)

Afterburner

for photo purposes, you can always lightly torch the glaze to give it some shine. it is beautiful, regardless!

are those macaron the italian meringue version that you've posted the recipe for on the macaron thread?

are those macaron the italian meringue version that you've posted the recipe for on the macaron thread?

Yes, though of course it was Nicole Kaplan that posted the recipe originally.

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

I finally got around to using my new hemisphere molds. This is a frozen mousse bombe with a flourless chocolate cake base, a honey/Manjari glaze, and some cocoa macarons for garnish. The only thing I wasnt happy with was that the glaze turned dull as soon as it went on the mousse dome . . . which I guess is unavoidable since the mousse was frozen.

gallery_23736_355_30197.jpg

I make a lot of cakes for customers usually the buttercream icing type decorated.......even though i love it i choose this types of cakes for me personally am drawn to cakes like this.

This is art.......Just beautiful, Patrick!!

I'm drooling Patrick. Do you want an au pair? :laugh:

I had an almond swirl roll. There was sooooo much filling, it was nearly unpalatable.

I think the filling I removed would be enough to make another 3-4 of them, my way.

I've had a square of Green&Blacks Maya Gold Chocolate.

I was going to have pancakes too, but I restrained myself with much difficulty.

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

I finally got around to using my new hemisphere molds. This is a frozen mousse bombe with a flourless chocolate cake base, a honey/Manjari glaze, and some cocoa macarons for garnish. The only thing I wasnt happy with was that the glaze turned dull as soon as it went on the mousse dome . . . which I guess is unavoidable since the mousse was frozen.

gallery_23736_355_30197.jpg

Swoon.

Cake!

vanilla layer cake & whipped chocolate ganache

gallery_15459_985_82332.jpg

enjoy!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Cake!

enjoy!

N.

That looks great, Natasha. Would you post the chocolate and cream measurements?

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

Looks stunning! I can't get over the tuiles. Was it hard to "tie" them?

Thanks Pan and CanadianBakin'...very easy actually. Just spred the tuile on a silpat and use a comb to make strips. I bake on two pans to keep it hot longer out of the oven and just grab three at a time and tie them in a knot. Easier than I thought.

I wish I had Patrick's camera skills, tho. Also, I don't have any nice dishes at home. Time to start spending money! Hopefully, I get the job.

Cake!

enjoy!

N.

gallery_10108_2820_548108.jpg

Yuzu panna cotta with citrus jus, citrus segments and black sesame tuile.  Actually it was for a tasting, but we've been eating the leftovers now.

Great stuff, Natasha and alanamoana! I need to try more variations on panna cotta . . .

And thanks everyone for the compliments on the mousse bombe! You are all the greatest friends and colleagues a baking buff could ask for! :wink:

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Great stuff, Natasha and alanamoana! I need to try more variations on panna cotta . . .

Isn't eGullet great for the self esteem?! :biggrin:

I love panna cotta and pretty much anything gelatinous. Don't know why, just love it! I love the jello-mold thread as well. I've gotta try one of those.

Ling, I saw your post on the dinner thread and from all the courses, this dessert speaks to me the most! chocolatey salty sweet and crunchy.. what could be better.. :smile:

Today I made Spungata, Ligurian tart with a filling of blackcurrant preserves, candied orangepeel, almonds and pinenuts. Part of my Ligurian dinner

taart2.jpg

Merstar - Thank you! I don't recall the exact amounts but I used equal proportions chocolate and cream. It was either 71% or 61% Valrhona. And also a little corn syrup, vanilla & salt. In the MSL recipe I based it on, the amounts are 4 cups cream, 2 lbs chocolate, 1/4 c corn syrup, 1/4 tsp salt.

Alanamoana - that tuile knot is such a wonderful touch. beautiful dessert!

Patrick - your desserts always look delicious. funny thing is that after I posted my cake, I saw your bombe picture and the contrast of your bombe which is so professional vs. my extremely home-y looking cake really made me smile! I love them all... bring on the chocolate!!

Ling, Klary - after seeing your pics, I really want dessert now but I haven't even had dinner yet! not that that is a problem but still...

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

I made Valrhona chocolate tarts with cashew caramel, candied cashews, and cocoa nib/cashew brittle as part of our dinner party last night.  :smile:

Nice! Your assembly is very neat, and I like the idea of cocoa nib brittle.

Merstar - Thank you! I don't recall the exact amounts but I used equal proportions chocolate and cream. It was either 71% or 61% Valrhona. And also a little corn syrup, vanilla & salt. In the MSL recipe I based it on, the amounts are 4 cups cream, 2 lbs chocolate, 1/4 c corn syrup, 1/4 tsp salt.

Thanks for the info, Natasha! And your "extremely home-y looking cake" looks beautiful!

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

Isn't eGullet great for the self esteem?! :biggrin:

I love panna cotta and pretty much anything gelatinous. Don't know why, just love it! I love the jello-mold thread as well. I've gotta try one of those.

That panna cotta look luxiurus ( hehe spelling?) Molto molto bella !!! :biggrin:

Vanessa

last night we had buttermilk tart and sour cherry sauce, I loved the tart, but it's possibly even better chilled for breakfast :wub:

milktart.jpg

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

hello!! i'm new in posting my desserts to this topic, but an avid watcher of your dessert intake. anyhow, figured i'd finally pipe up and share what i made last night. it's an anise panna cotta with spice poached rhubarb and sryup and candied star anise. it was mighty tasty, especially since i'm on a HUGE rhubarb kick right now!!

ENJOY!

i wanted to upload a photo of my dessert, but how do i do that in a post?! any help would be great :laugh:

Pastry PRincess

a day without love, laughter or dessert is a day wasted.

binkyboots, that tart looks dee-lish. i hope the recipe is in recipe gullet?!

chefmoni, there's a thread somewhere that explains how to use imageGullet and how to post pictures. if your photos are on a sharing website like flikr or snapfish or something like that, you can just post the url in the "img" box when you're posting a reply to a thread.

if your photos are on your computer, you can upload them to imageGullet and then can get a url from there.

i think the instructions here might help.