• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

what do you butter

rooftop1000

Graham crackers. Especially the cinnamon ones. Oh and butter is kept on the counter. My grandmother always kept her butter on the counter and now I do as well. I have never ever had a stick of butter go rancid on me.

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!

Everything bagel and butter(lots of it)

Stick pretzels, swirl in mound of butter, sometimes garlic butter

and, do the same with thin crunchy breadsticks.

(my cholesterol is rising just reading this thread) :shock:

My kiddle will not eat her artichoke without butter. She prefers the butter softened and unsalted, and then she drags the leaves in the butter, then very lightly touches the bottom of the leaf to her little pile of kosher salt. She then saves her cut up artichoke bottoms until the end of the feast. She pushes them into the butter bowl and spoons the entire gloppy product into her greedy little mouth. I'm assured at least 2 perfect days of kiddle cheer when there are artichokes and butter on the shopping list!

Now, my personal favorite thing is when someone makes Cuban toast for me and butters it well. Of course, if you add fresh roasted beets, a pickle and caviar to the plate, it REALLY becomes perfect. I also have a favorite quickie food, toasted and then well buttered Cuban bread rounds with tomato slices, capers and finely sliced onion. Yum.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

My grandmother always kept her butter on the counter and now I do as well. I have never ever had a stick of butter go rancid on me.

I keep mine on the counter too. We use it too fast for it to go rancid, but when my son was in kindergarten, he had a class excercise where all the kids wrote out a recipe for how they thought you cooked a turkey (it was Thanksgiving) and my son started with, "You take out a stick of butter and leave it on the counter." :smile:

S. Cue

I love hard-boiled eggs, split in half and with a small dollop of butter on the yolk.

Definitely. There's nothing quite like butter on eggs, and then I'll add a side of homemade applesauce for an excellent autumn breakfast.
Thou Shalt Not Eat Food By DuPont. - Barb

The best lobster rolls, or clam, or scallop rolls, are when they are tucked into a soft hot dog roll that has first been lavishly buttered on the sides and then grilled. It's especially delicious with the lobster roll because you have the contrast between the sweet, cold lobster salad, and the hot, buttery bun. Mmmm

Also, sometimes I butter my pasta before adding the red sauce. It adds an extra layer of flavor.

The best lobster rolls, or clam, or scallop rolls, are when they are tucked into a soft hot dog roll that has first been lavishly buttered on the sides and then grilled. It's especially delicious with the lobster roll because you have the contrast between the sweet, cold lobster salad, and the hot, buttery bun. Mmmm

Also, sometimes I butter my pasta before adding the red sauce. It adds an extra layer of flavor.

I have never had a lobster roll. Do you know how to make the salad? I can get lobster tails here. If I like (and I truly think I will) that, I'd like to try the same thing with crawfish tails. Same taste, almost. Maybe spicier. I'd like to try it though.

I have never had a lobster roll. Do you know how to make the salad? I can get lobster tails here. If I like (and I truly think I will) that, I'd like to try the same thing with crawfish tails. Same taste, almost. Maybe spicier. I'd like to try it though.

It's super simple. A pure lobster roll is just fresh lobster meat, tail, knuckle, whatever you have, chopped into nice big chunks, and just barely coated with a little good mayo. Some people add a little finely chopped celery, but that's it. I like to squeeze a little lemon over it, and salt and pepper. Some places even serve the mayo on the side, so you can make it to your taste.

If you make it with crawfish, I bet it would be delicious if you sprinkle a little cajun seasoning on the mayo.

:) Pam

Edited by pam claughton (log)

Surely melted butter on asaragus

...or sage fried in butter before pouring over pumpkin cappelacci.

What about brandy butter? (spoilt, I know, by Christmas pudding)

What's all this about 'cultured butter' - surely not butter snobbery (snubbery?) :wink:

It's super simple. A pure lobster roll is just fresh lobster meat, tail, knuckle, whatever you have, chopped into nice big chunks, and just barely coated with a little good mayo. Some people add a little finely chopped celery, but that's it. I like to squeeze a little lemon over it, and salt and pepper. Some places even serve the mayo on the side, so you can make it to your taste.

If you make it with crawfish, I bet it would be delicious if you sprinkle a little cajun seasoning on the mayo.

:) Pam

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh out of the oven bread - any kind

Blueberry muffins

Cinnamon rolls

I also like flavored butter...honey butter and cinnamon butter are my favorites.

Mashed potatoes

Banana bread

I, too, would like to know what cultured butter is!

Erin

"American by birth, Irish by the grace of God"