• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Personal chefs...

muncher

I read an article in the Gazette a month or so ago about 2 dieticians who set up their own personal chef service and I would love to have their contact information if anyone has this.

Any other recommendations of folks willing to cook for me! I have absolutely no time anymore and am considering paying for this service.

Any recomendations?

Many thanks.

unfortunately, i have no contacts to suggest. but no one replied to this query, so i'm trying to bring it back into play. i know there are catering places that deliver real food, and give super-busy people the opportunity to chow down on something other than lean cuisine on non-restaurant nights. pony up the info, people!

If you can move to Minneapolis, I am an ex dietitian who has a personal chef business. Otherwise - call a hospital or clinic and ask to talk to a dietitian and ask for the professional association ( Canadian Dietetic Association) local president's name. She or he may know or be able to track the info down for you.

Google "personal chefs in Canada" and you'll get lots of people to call.

If you want an overall idea of what personal chefs can do, visit the American site personalchef.com, a group to which I belonged for several years, and check out some of the chef's websites under "Find a Personal Chef Now."

Edited by ruthcooks (log)

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

• 2 weeks later...
I read an article in the Gazette a month or so ago about 2 dieticians who set up their own personal chef service and I would love to have their contact information if anyone has this.

Any other recommendations of folks willing to cook for me! I have absolutely no time anymore and am considering paying for this service.

Any recomendations?

Many thanks.

I am new to the boards, but I operate a personal chef service. Let me know if you are still interested.

• 4 months later...

Hey muncher,

I was just looking through older posts and I saw this so I thought I'd let you know that I'm a self-taught Montreal personal chef. If you're still looking for someone, let me know and we'll get in touch

Edited by rubyred (log)