• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Iron Chef Challenger

Um....Armandino v. Iron Chef....Batali? :laugh:

Seriously....Mr. Douglas comes to mind. Not neccessarily even for his food, (don't get me wrong, I think it is great,) but the rep that he has as well....

Anyone else?

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

http://bloatitup.com

I agree, Tom would be fun to watch- he has that personality. But I would nominate Thierry from Rovers too. Can you just see him whipping around in his hat speaking French?? Fun!!

I've seen Jonathon Sundstrom do a little Iron Chef like thing at the U Dist market against Harvest Vines chef/owner (name??) and they were very fun to watch. Jonathon has a great personality for that type of thing too.

Slightly related note...anyone else see Tom Douglas judge the "Iron Composer" competition-the musicians spoof on the Iron Chef-at the Crocodile a couple Thursdays ago? Lots of fun.

Edited by kiliki (log)

HA! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

"So, do you want me to compromise your meal for you?" - Waitress at Andy's Diner, Dec 4th, 2004.

The Fat Boy Guzzle --- 1/2 oz each Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Southern Comfort, Absolut Citron over ice in a pint glass, squeeze 1/2 a lemon and top with 7-up...Credit to the Bar Manager at the LA Cafe in Hong Kong who created it for me on my hire. Thanks, Byron. Hope you are well!

No question in my mind that Josef J de J of Harvest Vine would be one of the most entertaining options in town. Not sure how effective he'd be, but it would be a lot of fun to watch.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

• 3 months later...

Yes We did! Good on ya, tsquare!!!

NOW...

Do we wanna guess on ingredients? I'll bet that Salmon is on the shortlist of "Secret" ingredients....

Do we wanna guess on ingredients? I'll bet that Salmon is on the shortlist of "Secret" ingredients....

Dungeness crab for the Douglas v. Morimoto battle would be my vote.

I think they already did a crab battle - or was that on the original program?

Too early for Copper River, yes? Wouldn't they love yet another publicity opportunity.

I would kind of be surprised if they picked an ingredient obvious to PNW chefs.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Dungeness crab for the Douglas v. Morimoto battle would be my vote.

I think they already did a crab battle - or was that on the original program?

Too early for Copper River, yes? Wouldn't they love yet another publicity opportunity.

Fay Jai,

I wouldn't bet against you on this...wonder what Tamara got...