• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fort Worth Restaurants

Kevin72

I love taking day trips to Fort Worth but always get confounded trying to find new places to eat. My parents are visiting in the next few weekends and another day trip to Ft. Worth is a possibility on the itinerary. So what are good, dependable (non-chain type) places to eat out there? Lanny's is definitely in consideration.

Thanks for asking, Kevin. People here may be better able to make suggestions if you can be a little more specific about the kind of restaurant you are looking for: type of cuisine(s), price range, area of the city.

It'd be a dinner place. Nothing too upscale, but probably not hole-in-the-wall unless the food's mind-blowing. Fun and interesting food helps.

Actually, while what got me to post this is the parents' visit, I've been wanting to do a thread on Ft. Worth eats for a while. Whenever we go that's where we get tripped up is finding places to eat. It seems like Dallas gets the limelight on restaurants.

http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_page...L&item_id=25574 made the top 10 new restaurants of 2004.

Now if you are looking for kind of an interesting "dive" well maybe a little better than dive try Jazz Cafe. We meet there on Saturday's for breakfast frequently.

The owner / cook / jazz dude often gets up and blows the horn for a while then gets around to cooking your food.

http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_page...AL&item_id=5002

Never trust a skinny chef

Thanks for the info!

Looks like Lanny's is a little more than I bargained for. I do want to go there, but probably more on a special occasion type thing.

What about the art museum's restaurant? Or which museum is it that has the cafe that gets notice? Anyone been there? Is it open for dinner?

You can see how little I know about the Ft. Worth dining scene . . .