• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Pork confit from Ruhlman's new book, Charcuterie....Wow!

Dave Valentin

Retired Explosive Detection K9 Handler

"So, what if we've got it all backwards?" asks my son.

"Got what backwards?" I ask.

"What if chicken tastes like rattlesnake?" My son, the Einstein of the family.

French toast with the last of the first loaf of Pannetone. Dipped in egg, cream, milk, and a bit of sugar, browned in butter and left in the pan over low heat until puffy. Topped with melted butter, a drift of powdered sugar (confectioners', icing) and the juice of half a lime, my favorite French toast toppings.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

The most simple and delicious Egg Flip 2 hours before the breakfast. Recipe details will be posted shortly at my blog.

[Moderator note: The original What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today topic became too large for our servers to handle efficiently, so we've divided it up; the following part of this discussion is here: What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2006)]

VK Narayanan

Chef de cuisine

My Dhaba