• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Homemade hummus and lots of sriracha sauce with

toasted, cumin-dusted whole-wheat pitas, sliced tomatoes and a big glass of tart lemonade. How's that for a run-on sentence? :rolleyes:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Grilled Spring Salmon (rare!) served on a bed of baby greens tossed with a light dijon vinaigrette. As good as that was, it was made even better by eating al fresco by the marina at Granville Island. Is it spring yet??

A.

Chocolate chip waffle with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, M&M's, Reese's Pieces, walnuts, mini chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, cherries, fresh whipped cream, and hot fudge sauce

This was my dessert tonight, and oh, what a dessert it was...from my school's dining hall, no less. Gotta love that place sometimes :cool:

Yesterday: a giant, extremely fresh veggie burrito with avocado and strawberry salsas.

Today: I visited my mom and she made souvlakia on the grill.

In a little bit I'm going to have chilled sliced stawberries that have been mixed with Cypriot brandy, rosewater and sugar. God, those are heavenly.

Is it spring yet??

No :raz:

It is here :raz:

Yesterday: Homemade perogies just like my grandma makes with some kalena(I don't think there is a correct way to spell this and my ukrainian is really really bad) sauce. mmmm.....good....

Yesterday: probably the edge bits of raspberry crumb bars (at my first day of my pastry externship!)

Today: the puff pastry cheese straws I baked this morning for husband to take to work

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

On the rush hour trip home to Roswell from the ATL airport on the tail end of a grueling business trip to Santa Barbara, "Two chili-steaks all the way" with the world's best onion rings, and an FO, from the original Varsity Drive-In next to the Georgia Tech campus, complete with car hops. My health floated out the window over the window tray as the aroma wafted in, but the deliciousness comes from the experience and memories it brings back.

Sorry, I couldn't think of any french words to make everyday food sound fancy like so many other stories on this thread... often speaking "Amurican" says it so much better!

Edited by BuzzDraft (log)

TomH...

BRILLIANT!!!

HOORAY BEER!

Is it spring yet??
No :raz:

It is here :raz:

Oh you Vancouver people.. :raz:

(It did hit -1 today (30 F for the Americans) - maybe spring is on it's way.. not here yet though)

Anyhow, today I had a fabulous hot Montreal Smoked meat sandwich (brought to Winnipeg from Montreal) on famous Winnipeg Rye bread (well, famous here at least!)

Edited by Pam R (log)

I adore bernaise sauce. My french onion soup. This batch of onion confit was the best yet for this soup

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Linguine with olive oil, garlic (lots), red pepper flakes, parsley, and grated Vella Dry Jack. Life is good.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

just some simple, crispy quesadillas with cheddar and sautéed spinach... sometimes they taste so great.

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

fried goatcheese battered with breadcrumbs. I made it for my wife because she loves goat cheese; I also did an orange beef stir fry, but something was missing, so I've gotta go with the cheese.

Edited by jerkhouse (log)

Friday: a Leonidas praline from Ghent. Ok, actually 3.

yesterday: raspberry lime white chocolate stuffed french toast w/ berries + frangelica sauce. So far I haven't eaten anything today yet except a Lindt chocolate.

Friday: a Leonidas praline from Ghent. Ok, actually 3.

yesterday: raspberry lime white chocolate stuffed french toast w/ berries + frangelica sauce. So far I haven't eaten anything today yet except a Lindt chocolate.

:wub:

That reminds me of the most delicious thing -- or one of the most delicious things -- I ate Saturday... lemon souffle pancakes with raspberries, raspberry sauce, and pine nuts, at Pelagia Trattoria in Tampa.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Saturday night - a terrine of roasted Red and Golden Beets and Lemon braised Fennel atop baby Arugula with Pine nut crusted goat cheese on the side. An amazingly earthy and satifying dish that was beautiful to look at as well.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol