• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

From the farmers' market:

Silver King corn (fresh pulled, w/ butter salt and pepper)

Sliced Eva Purple Ball tomatoes w/ salt and pepper

Cheeseburger (w/ organic beef, sliced tomato, toasted bun) cooked on the grill.

It was a good dinner. :wub:

Anne

Mum and I made Indian-style mashed potato and curried mince lamb croquettes, breadcrumbed and deep-fried: these were breakfast, lunch and dinner for me!

Although I did have a delicioud pho from Tay Do Cafe in Dalston-Kingsland as well.

Raj

A bowl of Silver Queen corn, bought, cut and cooked within an hour of the stalk. The crisp little silks were a fresh pale green as they fell away with the brush.

It was a creamy, rich, beautiful soupy bowl, with just the right amount of butter and salt. I had just fried the requisite six chicken wings to accompany (and because Hubby, who does ALL the corn cooking, requires a tiny bit of the oil and all the lovely brown crispy scrapings from the bottom of the chicken skillet). They are the "secret ingredient" in his Heavenly corn.

The other bowl of heirloom tomato chunks with seasalt, with a spoon into the corn, savor the bite---spoon into tomato, relish that taste--alternating the deep rich sweetness with the tang of homegrown tomato, warm from the garden, until both bowls were empty and Summer's finest dinner combination had been enjoyed once again. :wub:

boneless Cornish hen

Tell me, how do you account for that? Who boned it for you and how? :smile:

It was deboned by a talented chef. :smile: I think I've seen chefs snip the backbone out with kitchen shears on TV. The bones in the wings are left alone. I had a "boneless" Cornish hen earlier this week too, at Le Crocodile in Vancouver.

(And since it's after midnight, I guess I can post what will probably be the most delicious thing I'll eat today--gingersnap dough from a Chez Panisse recipe! Nice amount of spices. :wink: )

Edited by Ling (log)

a spoonfull of the milk which is simmering (and has been for, three hours now) for christine ferber's praline milk jam.

a lot like condensed milk, but better.

I'm waiting patiently another hour to add the praline powder, then one more before I jar it :shock:

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

^Oh god. I could totally go for that right now. (And I swear, if this wasn't a post on Egullet, people would think I'm being sarcastic.) Looks delicious. :smile:

I sandwiched ice-cream in between gingersnap cookies, and also those Korova cookies. I have batches of cookie dough in the freezer...so I can slice and bake whenever I want. :smile:

I sandwiched ice-cream in between gingersnap cookies, and also those Korova cookies. I have batches of cookie dough in the freezer...so I can slice and bake whenever I want.  :smile:

C'mon, Ling, the gig is up: we all know that you're not really going to fire up the oven and bake a damn thing! That dough is gonna get in yer belly uncooked!!

Meanwhile, back to the thread at hand: I had a fine carbonara tonight with fresh black pepper spaghetti, some tasty Boar's Head bacon, and a few other fine things involving cream, eggs, and lots more heart-healthy stuff.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

I just finished a dish of LaSalle Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream. LaSalle has been my ice cream of choice this summer. I don't even like cherry vanilla, but I like LaSalle Cherry Vanilla. A friend of mine, a cherry vanilla fan, sweras that it puts Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia (I've never tried it) to shame.

I sandwiched ice-cream in between gingersnap cookies, and also those Korova cookies. I have batches of cookie dough in the freezer...so I can slice and bake whenever I want.  :smile:

C'mon, Ling, the gig is up: we all know that you're not really going to fire up the oven and bake a damn thing! That dough is gonna get in yer belly uncooked!!

I did have a sizeable portion of the dough straight from the freezer. But then I baked off 2 pans of cookies for my ice-cream sandwiches. It was my day off today...so I just spent the day bumming around the house, eating. :wink:

a spoonfull of the milk which is simmering (and has been for, three hours now) for christine ferber's praline milk jam.

a lot like condensed milk, but better.

I'm waiting patiently another hour to add the praline powder, then one more before I jar it  :shock:

Would you be willing to share the recipe?

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

Hanami prawn crackers from AA Groceries.  60% of my daily sat fat if i eat them all.  crispy, salty... uh, i think this belongs somewhere else... :huh:

Maybe Guilty Pleasures ? :raz:

Edited for stupid spelling........ :sad:

Edited by dockhl (log)