• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

For me, it was a slice of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It was a reward for finishing my first triathlon this a.m. And dang, did those calories taste good. :biggrin:

Diana Burrell, freelance writer/author

The Renegade Writer's Query Letters That Rock (Marion Street Press, Nov. 2006)

DianaCooks.com

My eGullet blog

The Renegade Writer Blog

The most delicious thing I had today is also the most delicious thing I've had all week: Whole Peking Duck from Sang Kee in Philly, served with scallion, pancake, hoisin, touch of sriracha.

Omigod.

Drink maker, heart taker!

Fresh peach dumplings for breakfast. Sort of a top-of-stove cobbler with nutmeg and brown sugar. Cream optional.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

I ate a giant bowl of blueberries with papaya, Kula (Maui) strawberries, apple banana,

thin strips of lime mint leaves drizzled with ginger syrup from Pacifikool. It was just

heavenly after the daily mile+ dog walk. A hui hou!

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

my 1st lobster roll that I've had since moving to maine in november. Not too shabby.

Deadheads are kinda like people who like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but people who like licorice, *really* like licorice!

-Jerry Garcia

Hanami prawn crackers from AA Groceries. 60% of my daily sat fat if i eat them all. crispy, salty... uh, i think this belongs somewhere else... :huh:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Last night, made rigatoni amatriciana with pancetta from the Italian deli where I work, & plum tomatoes & onion from my local farmers' market.

It's a great dish with canned tomato in wintertime too, but there's nothing like those fresh summer flavors.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

Carnitas tacos at a divey little cafe by the mercado on Gage Avenue near Alameda in South LA. I was driving a friend to the Mini Cooper dealership to pick up his yellow convertible mini. very fun. but lunch beforehand was delicious with moist, tender and very flavorful carnitas tacos...just enough pork fat to create a drip on my chin.

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

Last night:

-foie gras with figs and Parma ham

-crispy skin boneless Cornish hen, cauliflower purée, wild mushroom ravioli, black trumpet mushroom jus

-Valrhona chocolate tart with espresso ice-cream

(Unfortunately, I only got bites of the appetizer and main from my friends' plates. My dinner was good, but theirs was better. :smile: )

Today:

-leftover pie crust rolled out, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and baked

-a few shots of Amaretto :raz: