• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

I made a delicious Creamy Tomato Soup, with a base of butter, bacon fat and a mirepoix, chicken broth, San Marzano tomatoes and heavy cream. Topped with crispy bacon bits. At first taste, it was ok, then I added Cayenne. Perfection! Also I love my immersion blender. What a good buy.

Emma Peel

artichoke and, ummm, goat cheese :unsure: tarte flambe at Fiction. Regardless of whether or not I can remember exactly what the toppings were..... it was absolutely out of this world. :wub: Not to mention that for $10 it's a total steal as well. I may have to go back on the weekend to have it again :biggrin:

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

While it was a beverage it sure was smokey, meaty and savory. I am refering to the Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen that I just finished drinking. Lovely, lovely, stuff. Much better than anything I have eaten all day.

[edited to fix silly mistake. what a pedant I am.]

Edited by jeffc666 (log)

My site, it is crappy.

http://www.nothoo.com

Yesterday: It's a toss-up. Either the seared scallops with greens over house-cured bacon and tomato jam while sitting at the bar at West, or High Tea with a girlfriend at the Secret Garden Tea Company.

gallery_18820_923_88723.jpg

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Homemade pecan-rosemary bread; broiled, open-faced sandwiches with perfectly ripe pear (so hard to find here), prusciotto, tomato; tossed herb salad with dijon vinaigrette; for dessert, orange madeleines. Will now make more madeleines (lemon?), along with biscottis (almond and anise seed?).

Last night: Roast chicken, fingerling potatoes, sugar snap peas; homemade herb bread; caramelized pears with homemade pineapple-brown butter and chocolate-rosemary ice creams.

Home made crusty bread *just* out of the oven (and thank God I didn't let J cut it - he'd have hopelessly squished it - he just doesn't get how to cut fresh, hotoutoftheoven bread), cream cheese, sundried tomato & prosciutto. Open-face, over the sink, heaven.

And coffee.

• 3 months later...

Toasted Flax Waffle with Stonyfield plain yogurt on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, made even more delicious since seconds before the first bite I had chugged my morning glass of Superfood green powder mixed with water. THAT tastes like you are licking the inside of a old lawn mower. I don't breathe through my nose for about 2 minutes until I get a bite of waffle in.

So I guess this should have been in the "what's the grossest thing you've eaten today" thread.

It's all in the name of anti-oxidant and vitamin consumption and I know it's less ideal way to get that stuff in your body but you should feel how soft my skin is now!