• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Clodhoppers (chocolate covered graham pieces)  :wub:

Ling, I am now drooling. My ex's mother used to make the best clodhopper's, better than what you could buy!! I haven't thought of those in 2 years and right now, I could almost call Ian to ask how his mother's doing :shock::raz:

Sure but you'd have to go to Morden, MB.  :laugh:

I think I have the recipe somewhere, I'll try and find it for you!

:hmmm: Perhaps I can make the call for you, Ling. I am not that far from Ian's Mom. :wink: Can I say "I am an acquaintence of your son's ex? So, can I please have your recipe for Clodhoppers?"

Have tried the Cookies and Clods?

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

i'm eating a plain ol' tuna melt right now. i'm enjoying it with a glass of sherry.

weird, maybe, but it's good to me. :smile:

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

:hmmm: Perhaps I can make the call for you, Ling. I am not that far from Ian's Mom. :wink:  Can I say "I am an acquaintence of your son's ex? So, can I please have your recipe for Clodhoppers?"

No, you would have to say, "I'm an acquaintance of someone who's friends with your son's ex. May I have your Clodhoppers recipe?" :blink::laugh:

I haven't tried the Cookies and Clods--that's the black bag, right? Do you like them more than regular Clodhoppers?

yesterday: I made a bourbon pecan pie using an Egullet recipe! It was posted by claire979 in the Pastry forum. Very dense and delicious. And I drank some good pinot noir and port with a friend. :wub:

Nathan's skinny, longer-than-the-bun-on-both-ends hot dog with Beaver brand deli mustard with ground horseradish.

My roommate brought this mustard home from the store the other day, so excited. Four hours later, he's asking me "did you taste the mustard yet?" I hadn't. Couldn't see what the big deal would be, i've had horseradish mustard before.

Boy, was i wrong. That is the best commercial mustard i've ever had, hands down.

I bought some Beaver "Maui Onion" mustard today at the store, haven't tried it yet.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

A fried oyster po-boy from the Hayes Street Grill stand at the S.F. Ferry Plaza Market. I've been looking for good fried oysters here for a while. Glad to have found them.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne."

John Maynard Keynes

:hmmm: Perhaps I can make the call for you, Ling. I am not that far from Ian's Mom. :wink:  Can I say "I am an acquaintence of your son's ex? So, can I please have your recipe for Clodhoppers?"

No, you would have to say, "I'm an acquaintance of someone who's friends with your son's ex. May I have your Clodhoppers recipe?" :blink::laugh:

Dejah, you MUST do this, too funny from an outsider's perspective, I don't care about the clodhoppers, but to me this is the epitome of Canada ... please let us know the outcome!

yesterday's food item Shanghainese dumplings :wub: from Ba Guo Bu Yi in Richmond BC

today's food item - Herme's lemon cream which I just made to go with a cake for a party tonight. Thanks to Patrick S and the pastry forum for this one! WOW!

Yesterday: for the first time this year, it was warm enough to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine.. amongst my newly potted plants.. the wine was, I have to admit, nothing special but I was so happy that it was delicious anyway!

gallery_21505_358_80534.jpg

Bison prime rib roast with peppercorn gravy. Roasted vegetables: brussel sprouts, carrots, turnip and baby potatoes. Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

My grandson's Easter chocolates! :laugh:

Edited by Dejah (log)

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

Easter Sunday - Brownie from Savory Island - OMG :wub:

Easter Monday - left over dan dan mein sauce on freshly boiled noodles.

Edited by the Bill (log)

Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you. twofish@iyume.com

Yesterday: My mom's rustic olive bread loaded with loaded with home cured black olives, fresh cilantro, and green onions.

Today: My mom's anaropites. These are made with a very delicate egg dough that it rolled out very thin and then filled with a mixture of the Cypriot cheese anari (unsalted) that is smashed up with sugar and cinnamon. You then drop them into a pot of hot oil and they puff up as they're frying with the cheese mixture still inside. Once they're taken out you lightly dust them with powdered sugar. So meltingly crispy and thin. So amazing.