• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Liberte Coconut Dessert Yogurt with diced mango.  Absolutely fabulous.

I am crazy about the Liberte Dessert yogurts. The Coconut is best, but the Fig-Date-Raisin, Apple Pie, and Orange Marzipan are extraordinary as well. I've driven several hundred miles north to Montreal just to bring some back for myself in a cooler. Because of said cooler, I was interrogated at border patrol and all I could think about was the yogurt staying cold.

Today, an unusual breakfast for me:

Hot, toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with maple walnut raisin cream cheese. Warm but cool. Crispy on the outside outside, creamy within. Chewy. Substantial but melted in my mouth. Sweet and a little salty (I added a pinch of sea salt to the cream cheese). Exactly what I wanted.

Yesterday: Swiss Steak - sounds silly but made it for the first time. Not fancy but braised goodness it was.

Today: a dilaudid, a flexoril and a box of carmel delight cookies. There's not much to scournge up at 3 am without waking everybody. I predict good things for later today though. I'm thinking Tinga Pablano and fresh corn tortillas

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

At lunchtime - chicken wrap from Borough Market - the best food market in Britain - near London Bridge. Warm Label Anglaise chicken (move over inferior French poultry) with mayonnaise AND spicy tomato salsa. Mmm...

Pulled pork creamy coleslaw bbq beans and pear strudel!

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Vegetarian (mainly potato) pakoras from a local Indian takeout joint. (Their eggplant bharta and mutter paneer didn't turn me on quite so much, though their naan was quite good, with a lot of nice char from the tandoor. Next time I'll know to choose more stuff out of the tandoor.)

Homemade flour tortilla wrapped around slow-simmered pork, pinto beans, and a tad of avocado, all prepared by my Maryland-native neighbor. It reminded me of my hubby's Mexican grandmother's cooking.

Bridget Avila

My Blog