• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

That reminds me of the most delicious thing -- or one of the most delicious things -- I ate Saturday... lemon souffle pancakes with raspberries, raspberry sauce, and pine nuts, at Pelagia Trattoria in Tampa.

raspberry and pine nut is an amazing combination.. I have a recipe for a raspberry-pine nut crumble cake.. need to dig that up again, thanks for reminding me!

My most delicious thing of the day was a piece of perfectly ripe Morbier cheese with whole weat crackers.

Friday (busy weekend, a bit behind) - Slow-cooked salmon with herbs, mushrooms, and tomato fondue. So good - I wish I'd doubled the recipe!

Burgundy makes you think silly things, Bordeaux makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them ---

Brillat-Savarin

A freshly baked chocolate crinkle (no nuts, thanks), though I suspect that they will be topped by the croissants I'll be baking off in class tonight. What's better than a croissant, fresh out of the oven?

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Mussels steamed in a broth of sauteed Spanish onion, garlic, ginger, lime and orange zest, fresh chili pepper, orange and lime juice, coconut milk and lite cream. Just before serving, I added freshly cracked black pepper and chopped cilantro. The broth was incredible! Along with this, we had summer rolls, tandoori chicken, jasmine rice. We just drank ice water with the meal.

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

My friend walked into rehearsal with an Entenmann's Danish Raspberry Twist box. We used to get these once in a blue moon when I was a child and I loved them, haven't had one in years. Needless to say, I was one of several people who attacked said box, and it was nostalgically delicious - tender crumb, jam, frosting, the joy of sugar.

Oh yeah, and this was a "light" version, though I didn't look at the nutrition info, I was too busy with my sticky fingers.

Liberte Coconut Dessert Yogurt with diced mango. Absolutely fabulous.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Leftover Asian chicken wings.

Mix some soy sauce, oyster sauce, and a little sesame oil in a plastic bag. Shake chicken wings in bag to coat. Bake at 350 about an hour or so until done and skin crisp.

Make your favorite stir fry sauce. I use about 4 parts soy sauce, 1part rice vinegar, 1 part brown vinegar, dash fish sauce, hot bean paste to taste, a little corn starch.

Take hot chicken wings from oven. Have hot skillet or wok ready. put wings in skillet or wok. Add sauce, stir to coat and thicken.

Serve immediately with a liberal sprinkling of finely chopped green onion and cilantro.

Fantastic fresh, really good cold out of the tupperware.

As one of Lorna's cohorts on today's desserting expedition, I'd have to add this tasty morsel as my second place choice following the Caramel-Chocolat:

gallery_18820_923_26096.jpg

Concorde Framboise

Dark chocolate raspberry mousse, raspberry balsamic gelée, cocoa meringue.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Maiitake sauteed in butter, thanks David.

"It is just as absurd to exact excellent cooking from a chef whom one provides with defective or scanty goods, as to hope to obtain wine from a bottled decoction of logwood." -Escoffier

Grilled Dry-aged ribye, grilled Sweet Sicilian red onion, Point Reyes Blue cheese, lots of crushed black pepper.... Glass of m. ray cabernet. and the kisses of my wife.

Taco Truck or Per Se - No matter as long as passion drives the food