• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Smoked Salmon with Lemon Oil and Gruyere omelet with chili black bean paste sound strange yes... but oh soo good!

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Deliciousness has escaped me for most of the week. But last night my husband treated me to a new seafood restaurant specializing in grilled and barbecued fish. For an appetizer he ordered this gogoso, which is sticky rice stuffed with a spicy fish concoction, wrapped and steamed in banana leaves then grilled over hot coals. Very delicious!

gallery_11814_148_31656.jpg

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Browned tourneed potatoes with caramelized onions, and scrambled eggs with cheddar. Simple, but cooked correctly and tasting just like what it is. Delicious.

"It is just as absurd to exact excellent cooking from a chef whom one provides with defective or scanty goods, as to hope to obtain wine from a bottled decoction of logwood." -Escoffier

today: a lovely pastrami sandwich on rye from an old German restaurant that's been around since the '30s (the restaurant -- not the pastrami!) and some pickled tomatoes (never had them before) that were on the table as part of the spread.

tonight: my friend elizabeth is making a bolognese sauce with cavatelli, which i'm fairly certain is going to kick ass because she's a wonderful cook.

this is going to sound weird.  i wanted pizza but i wanted calamari too..so i made a veg pizza with calamari on it!  with lots and lots of green tabasco sauce. :laugh:

that doesn't sound weird at all -- that sounds great! actually, there's a good little pizza place in NYC (actually, there are two of them: one in manhattan, one in brooklyn) named Two Boots that does a really good calamari pizza.

Yesterday in Buffalo. Beef on Weck. Thin sliced rare roast beef with rolls sprinkled with caraway and salt spread with horseradish and dipped in au jus. I love French dip sandwiches but these are better Buffalo is the only place I know where they have kimmelwick rolls. These were homemade but it seems like every restaurant in Buffalo serves them.

Yesterday (well....before midnight): perfectly crisp fries from The Red Onion, followed by gingerbread pudding AGAIN at the Hamilton Street Grill

Today (well...after midnight): flourless chocolate cake made from a recipe given to me by egulleter "Vancouver" :wub:

Last night - two utterly perfect Malapeque oysters with just a squeeze of lemon, washed down with half a glass of Napa Wine Company Sauvignon Blanc. Greater than the sum of its parts. The briny oysters and the citrus-y wine were perfect together.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

today: a thick and juicy lamb burger, topped with feta at The Hamilton Street Grill, served with yam fries and chipotle mayo (and for dessert, oatmeal and cranberry cookies made by Mooshmouse) Great lunch.  :wub:

What she said. Damn fine burger! :biggrin:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Yesterday - egg noodles tossed with butter, some grated 4 yr. old cheddar & the remains of a wedge of cambozola, 4 oz diced smoked pork shoulder, some sherry, asparagus, and lots of black pepper. Yay for bowl food. Really good, though I says it as shouldn't.

Edited by Viola da gamba (log)

Pear and stilton salad at the Hamilton Street Grill and Ling's flourless Chocolate cake.  Damn that was good cake!!!!  Lorna, I now know why you left your boyfriend a little sliver :raz:

(thanks...there was some cayenne in the ganache. :smile: )

Today: chocolate, pecan, cinnamon rugelach. I ate all the especially ugly ones, and am giving all the "so-so" ugly ones to friends. :laugh: