• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Heheh, it looks like we have new candidates for team blogging!  :raz:

Welcome to eG, dUbVADER!

Yetty, this is Vancouver's SECOND eGullet couple (that we know about!). Personally, I'm comfortable with my wife as a lurker, not a member. :raz:

For me ... Pho with flank steak & tendon. Spicey broth of course! Broke in another pho virgin today as well. Saddly, he didn't like the tendon as much as I :sad:

A.

Edited by Daddy-A (log)

Or the cookie I'm dipping in warm, melted chocolate right now. *crunch*

that I made :raz: ... in the microwave :biggrin:

Ling, watch your step girl! :wink:

Welcome to the madhouse "Mr. Ling"!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Hope you're in better spirits soon, peppyre :smile:

Right now, I'm munching on some dates handschlepped by a friend who recently made the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Delightfully delicious accompanied by a nice hot cuppa tea.

gallery_11814_765_14580.jpg

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Trader Joe's has an amazing cranberry walnut tart. The taste just explodes in your mouth. I finally got to taste it yesterday for Superbowl, and then this am for breakfast. So good. We were supposed to have one at X-Mas, and I was dying to try then, as my sister had been raving about it, but they were completely sold out by the time I got there. Cranberries are big in my neck of the woods.... :)

Pam

Hope you're in better spirits soon, peppyre :smile: 

Right now, I'm munching on some dates handschlepped by a friend who recently made the pilgrimage to Mecca.

Delightfully delicious accompanied by a nice hot cuppa tea. 

gallery_11814_765_14580.jpg

Thanks Yetty. Everything will be much better now :biggrin:

Those dates just look absolutely amazing.

Soft-shell lobster, and Casco Bay mussels, straight from an 8-hour trip down 95 south.

Whipped herb Butter, my wife made, and dump cake also my wife.

She is now done cooking for the next decade.............

:smile:

I Will Be..................

"The Next Food Network Star!"

The prune paczki I just ate downstairs, by myself, in about 2 minutes flat.

I have never like packzi previously. Must be this pregnancy thing.  :blink:

Prune paczki cravings? Sounds good to me, Danielle! Big hug to Dylan, big sis in waiting :wub:

I don't know why, but lately most delicious for me have been on the sweet side. (I should get out more :huh: )

These are some Dutch ananas taartjes that my neighbor made and brought over on my return. They're little buttery, tender melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies filled with spiced pineapple jam.

gallery_11814_148_2636.jpg

gallery_11814_148_18400.jpg

Edited by spaghetttti (log)

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

^Ooohhh...those look delicious!

Best thing today: something called "Fried Crispy" on the package--I kid you not. :laugh: It's a Chinese New Year treat--short, fat ribbons of dough (ingredients: flour, water, butter) fried in oil, and sprinkled with black sesame seeds. Crunchy!

I have eaten several entirely respectable things today, many of which were quite tasty indeed. But I have to confess that the thing I enjoyed the most was definitely the plate of Ore-Ida "Zesty" fries, cooked five minutes longer and 25 degrees hotter than called for on the package. Crunch!

"went together easy, but I did not like the taste of the bacon and orange tang together"

we had dinner at a restaurant in town called "lovely hula hands:" an awesome pomegranate molasses, lime, and sauza tequila cocktail (called "talulah's bathwater" :smile:), a salt and pepper calamari appetizer, and a painted hills beef burger. it was all really good; i couldn't choose only one delicious thing. :smile:

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

Corn muffins from this fantastic little bakery around the corner.

Well, okay. They were supermarket brand. But I still rode home on my bike with a basketful of warm muffins. And I like to pretend that I live nearby a wonderful patisserie. I was up all night attempting to bake corn muffins from scratch and every last one was a disaster. Something about that standard supermarket type is magical, though: suspiciously pronounced "butter" flavor, dough-conditioner tenderness, and those nubbly, grainy flecks of golden cornmeal... ohh.