• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

today, A dish we served to a banquet tonight.... Toasted pearl barley risotto with toasted hazelnuts and monteed with whipped buerre noisette, served with truffled breast of guinea fowl and arugula jus

That would be the homemade chorizo that I purchase every Saturday morning at the farmer's market. Come rain, shine, blizzard or blinding hangover, I haul my carcass out of bed before nine, 'cause they're gone by ten-thirty...and a week without chorizo is like a week without sunshine, golf, or an honest, affectionate smile.

Todd McGillivray

"I still throw a few back, talk a little smack, when I'm feelin' bulletproof..."

Thurs: The BBQ chicken that the Beau made for me

Last night: The Poire chocolate from Chocolate Arts that Moosh dropped off at work for me. Thank you!!!

Today: I haven't eaten yet, but the glass of wine that I was pretty damn tasty. I'm hoping the short ribs that are about to go in the oven deal with that.

I just finished my Chinese New Year dinner. I am s-t-u-f-f-e-d!!

The most delicious thing was the "Smiling Mouth" cookies; they are deep-fried until they absorb a ton of oil, then rolled in sesame seeds.

I ate about a dozen of them after a hefty dinner. :wacko:

I just finished my Chinese New Year dinner. I am s-t-u-f-f-e-d!!

The most delicious thing was the "Smiling Mouth" cookies; they are deep-fried until they absorb a ton of oil, then rolled in sesame seeds.

I ate about a dozen of them after a hefty dinner.  :wacko:

WHOA! And you are still able to sit and post!? :shock::laugh:

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com

As someone who has had a few meals with Ling, I am envious of her eating prowess. The girl can eat and I'm certainly impressed (as a side note, she's half the size of me and I'm not that big :raz:

So far, still on wine, but the shorts are certainly the most delicious thing that I've smelled today.

Edited because yes, the short ribs were the most delicious thing that I ate today. And yes I am exaggerating, Ling's 2/3 my size :laugh:

Edited by peppyre (log)

Having been on a dark-chocolate binge as of late, the best thing I've eaten today would have to be a mini chocolate ganache cake that I picked up for a dinner party from Pane from Heaven. Too many glasses of red wine and numerous rum and cokes obscure my dining details, but "Dear God in heaven" should suffice as a description. If I could've licked the plate, I would've.

:wub::wub::wub:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

does the blood orange negroni count? It is a drink so perhaps not. If not I will go for a bite of cornish hen and 'fixings' from my plate at Parkside - the sauce was delicious too, have to go look at their menu and figure out as many ingredients as I can, or try to get another reservation!

Yesterday it was my crème brulée flavored with grand marnier and rose water and with the most delicate, thin sugar crust.

Today -- oatmeal cookie dough. :smile:

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Yesterday, Nocciola gelato w/ chocolate syrup. Today, breakfast of champions: Nutella on toast. I've got a serious hazelnut jones going on.

"And when there were no crawdads to be found, we ate sand."

"You ate what?"

"Sand."

Raising Arizona

A chocolate ganache-filled croissant from Pane From Heaven.

Admittedly, I've been on a huge dark chocolate kick lately. But a lot of my recent meals have been salad and protein to compensate! :rolleyes:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg