• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Fresh french bread from Panera. Went there for lunch, and discovered a new favorite place, had a great little soup and salad, but the best part was the wedge of french bread that came with it. I ate it without butter or anything on it! Which, for me, is quite shocking. I then bought a still warm fresh baquette of my own to bring home, and just had more bread, absolutely plain. Because it is that good, chewy and delicious. Okay, I did finally break down and add some honey turkey and fig spread, which was even better.

:)

Yesterday: A mouthwatering angus beef burger at the Hamilton Street Grill, piled high with fried onions and served on a Portuguese bun. Courtesy of my fellow eGulleter and new burger guru, Chef/Owner nwyles. :wub:

Today so far: Two perfect chocolates from Chocolate Arts. One Romeo (dark chocolate pyramid filled with blackberry ganache and blackberry buttercream) and one Poire ("oven-roasted organic Anjou pear, milk chocolate, and dried pear with a hint of Pear William in a dark chocolate shell"). Thought I'd died and gone to chocolate heaven.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Well, mine is probably the most humble answer but, vanilla cream top yogurt. All by itself first thing in the morning. Boy, it was good.

What's wrong with peanut butter and mustard? What else is a guy supposed to do when we are out of jelly?

-Dad

Corned Beef Sandwich on rye with good deli mustard. With a Dr. Brown's Cream soda, of course.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

today - a filet of fresh mediterranean bream we were sent as a sample, cooked to perfection with salty, crispy skin.

yesterday - a caramel, chocolate truffle a friend brought back from per se in ny.

yesterday - a caramel, chocolate truffle a friend brought back from per se in ny.

Lucky!

My most delicious thing today would be my first taste of Vacherin Mont d'Or.

I dunno Ling ... Vacherin Mont d'Or is pretty fantastic in my books.

Yesterday: Spicy grilled ling ( :laugh: sorry, just noticed that!) cod (cod from Longliner on Granville Island, Vancouver)

Today: So far, onion confit on two perfectly poached eggs :wub:

A.

Edited by Daddy-A (log)

Yesterday was a passion fruit truffle.

haven't eaten anything yet today.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Italian open face sandwich at lunch. All leftovers.

Italian bread from Apicella's in Baltimore, italian sausage from Fiorella brothers in Philadelphia, homemade marinara, grated parmesan from Claudio's in Philadelphia.

Marinara and sausage leftover from dinner a couple nights ago.

Pure simple bliss from good ingredients.

Hmm, actually, the tastiest thing today was my lunch, which was a frozen dinner, but a very good frozen dinner.

It was Djeet brand (a brand I have found in my local Indian grocer's freezer) Panak Paneer, Yoghurt cheese in a spiced spinach curry thing.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

Half of a ham on pretzel bread from Corner Bakery, with parmesan potato chips. There used to be a good amount of pretzel salt on the pretzel bread, but not this time :angry: Still delicious though.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

at work.....a chicken finger on half a ciabatta roll with red onion, lettuce, ranch dressing and hot sauce

but i also got to have a nice squishy scrambled egg and bacon sandwich on an english muffin too :rolleyes:

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Dinner tonight was this evening's special: Cashew Crusted Opakapaka. Very tasty!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Yesterday: A bit of a food wasteland, really, except for the Mocha Motion that a girlfriend bought me from the Cupcakes store on Denman Street. Chocolate cupcake smothered with mocha buttercream icing and topped with a chocolate-covered espresso bean.

Today: Lunch at Burgoo was a rich bowl of Beef Bourguignon (with caramelized pearl onions, carrots and mushrooms) served atop garlic mashed potatoes. And the accompanying caesar salad with an insane amount of garlic and anchovies. Yummy.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I had pork/crab dumplings at the Din Thai Fung Dumpling house in LA. Amazing. You can see them making it through the kitchen window. They form it in such a way that the dumpling are filled with this pocket of broth that explodes in your mouth when you bite into it.

Edited by savvysearch (log)