• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Late lunch at City Bakery. I just love that place. Roasted butternut squash salad, definitely the best in the world. Their roasted zuchinni salad is nothing to scoff at either. Tomorrow is their official hot chocolate day, maybe I'll go back.

Late lunch at City Bakery. I just love that place. Roasted butternut squash salad, definitely the best in the world. Their roasted zuchinni salad is nothing to scoff at either. Tomorrow is their official hot chocolate day, maybe I'll go back.

Just stay away from the $1.5 marshmallow they try to stick you for... Those bastards.

Masoor dal --- cooked with ginger, garlic, tomato, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin, coriander, green chile, tumeric, salt and something else I have forgotten, and topped with cilantro and a lime's worth of lime juice squeezed over the dal before serving. It was all inspired by reading EGullet's India Forum today...

Linda

-------------------

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."

--- Henry David Thoreau

Since my friends flaked out and we were unable to go for Gingerbread Pudding :angry:, I had an alternate most delicious thing: the tuna sashimi I had at Tsunami Sushi tonight.

Also the brioche french toast I made for my hangover this morning was pretty damn delicious.

It's been a pretty good day all around! :smile:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

I have to revise my "most delicious thing" since the shortribs were a bit of a disappointment.

My most delicious thing was the sugar nut pie with coconut ice...or maybe the chocolate cake with thick chocolate ganache I had after my first dessert.... :wub:

Dessert never fails me! :laugh:

Veal Medallions Forestier from this evening's Dine Out Vancouver dinner at Circolo, served in a red wine jus with wild mushrooms. Tender, melt-in-your-mouth fantastic.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Liquid bread a.k.a one of the four Guinesses that are still influencing me as I type on this Saturday night. :biggrin:

If that doesn't count, I'd say a simple bowl of Japanese rice I made this afternoon. No condiments. Simplicity is bliss, sometimes.

Liquid bread a.k.a one of the four Guinesses

ohh Guiness! Love that! Did you have them from a bottle or the real thing from draught? With that lovely thick creamy layer on top?

edited because I forgot to add my own most delicious thing of the day: The pear I had for breakfast, that was just at that absolutely most perfect stage of ripeness. Eaten over the sink with the juice dripping down my arm.

Edited by Chufi (log)

Liquid bread a.k.a one of the four Guinesses

ohh Guiness! Love that! Did you have them from a bottle or the real thing from draught? With that lovely thick creamy layer on top?

Guinness on tap. Proper pulls. I haven't eaten anything yet today and I think I can still taste the flavor in my mouth so I think Guinness counts as my entry for today as well. :shock:

Today I had the most delicious surprise of my life

gallery_11814_148_46432.jpg

These golden rose apples, plucked from my mother's tree, are so wonderfully sweet and fragrant, it's like floating on a bed of rose petals.

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Yetty, those apples look fantastic! What do they taste like?

Today - Niseen Cup of Noodle from Japan, chicken flavor. Yes, I'm totally violating eG with this statement but I love authentic instant ramen cup of noodles from Asia - not the kind you get here. Got it at a local Japanese market for 2 bucks. I know, I know but...

Barely cooked, please. Love them al dente.

My very first pork tamale at a local Tex-Mex restaurant. It was smothered with a green chili habernero sauce that was outrageously tasty. The sweet corn taste of the tamales reminded me of polenta, wrapped around a finely shredded pork filling. I ordered one, but could have eaten several more they were so good.

:) Pam

Edited by pam claughton (log)

I had rose apples a couple weeks ago, I didn't really get to enjoy the taste because my face started blowing up from them - yet another thing to add to my "things ellen is allergic to" list. While it was somewhat crisp in texture, I don't think mine was fully ripe because it had a really mellow sweetness and little flavor.

But today the most delicious thing I ate was my co-worker's chicken and dumplings. It was perfectly seasoned and and had a great mouthfeel.

Believe me, I tied my shoes once, and it was an overrated experience - King Jaffe Joffer, ruler of Zamunda

The very last few paper thin slices of imported Mortadella I purchased at Bari Pork Store in Brooklyn on our Pizza Club jaunt last Saturday. Delicious!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol