• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Something with ground pistachios and honey, baked in sweet dough, and dusted with powdered sugar......My grocer insisted I try one. It was sort of like baklava's more homely cousin, but tasty, tasty, tasty. :wub:

Edited by Rehovot (log)

Today: water crackers with good tuna in olive oil for lunch, followed by a piece of really excellent bittersweet chocolate and a cup of Earl Grey Vanilla tea with honey.

Edited by saskanuck (log)

I don't mind the rat race, but I'd like more cheese.

Last night:  Nothing actually, too busy looking at my sisters brand new baby! 

congrats auntie! :smile:

i made the tastiest carrot cupcake recipe (frosted carrot muffin). inspired by alton brown's carrot cake recipe. people were hoarding them!

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

Again, yesterday it was toasted homemade levain (this week's loaf turned out more sour than last week's). God, I love that bread. Even the smell makes me giddy.

today, so far, was probably the half grapefruit I had with breakfast. Really nice and juicy.

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Yesterday: Had a craving for greens, so it'd have to be my giant bowl of last night's dinner salad. A mixture of butter, green leaf, and red leaf lettuce tossed with shaved carrots, halved Concord grapes, green onions, halved grape tomatoes, sliced orange bell pepper, sunflower seeds and pine nuts. Dressing was sesame and shitake vinegarette by Annie's Naturals.

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I am still working on my usual breakfast of fruit and yogurt. It's always good, but this morning the apple happens to be the most delicious apple ever. (I also have a banana and an orange.) It's a Fuji apple (my favorites), and I could tell as I was cutting it up that it was a perfect one. There's something about the sound it makes as I slice through the apple that sort of "lets on" about the apple's stage of ripeness, and I knew this one was a winner. :rolleyes::smile:

My lunch. After shoveling out my car, again, I ran to the store and decided to treat myself to my favorite sandwich from Paulie's deli. A tiny sandwich shop in downtown Plymouth. I always get the same thing here, rare roast beef, slice of onion, tomato, and blue cheese dressing, on a braided Italian roll, toasted up in their Panini Grill. Delicious!

:raz: Pam