• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Lebanon Bologna and american cheese on a kaiser with a Dr. Pepper.but im making potato salad and hot roast beef with provolone and horseradish with homemade gravy and chocolate chip cookies(which im Positive will be my best bite of the day)for the Iggles game

"Food is our common ground,a universal experience"

James Beard

spinach soup!

though I may feel the need to eat the leftover vanilla ice cream later :raz:

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

Today -

Breakfast was a great reuban made on some fresh baked low-carb pumpernickel I made this morning.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

Smoked turkey breast on a challah roll schmeared with chipotle mayo. The chipotle mayo raises a normal sandwich to something outstanding. Let's hear it for condiments!!

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Syrian low salt feta on top of some pita bread with a dab of hummus.

To DIE for.  You really taste the lovely sourness of the cheese with out too much salt.  And for $4.99 a pound..... its a steal!

I LOVE this cheese, and haven't had it here in the states. Except that I love the salty version. Cheese shops in New York should expand beyond European and American cheeses.

ANyway, today's good thing is chocolate pudding cake!

I think I ate a bit too much of it though.

I love anything gewey and anything baked in a cast iron skillet.

The beef gravy finished with a cube of my newly made beef stock. Who knew it would make this much difference in gravy?

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Ciao Bella Coconut Sorbet with hot fudge

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last night's dessert(s) were the the best things I'd eaten all week!

Dark Chocolate Bavaroise with Raspberry Ganache Swirl Ice Cream and Chocolate Wafers

and then a chocolate tasting plate with white chocolate ice-cream, chocolate parfait with sour cherry sauce, and a dark chocolate and banana cake

(also some cute mini hazelnut cookies and some truffles rolled in coconut)

Today: marinated duck wings from a Chinese bbq shop

Edited by Ling (log)

Best Today: Mom's homemade "sui gao" - water dumplings. Wonton wrappers with a homemade filling of pork and shrimp and various seasonings. Not wrapped like a wonton.

Most fun today: Potato bread roll with sweetened condensed milk and a glass of whole milk from the Amish market. Oh yeah!

Edited by Gastro888 (log)

Yesterday: Every mouthful of food that I put in my mouth last night at West was just delicious. I think my absolute fave was the 20 year old Muscatel from Portugal. I walked around for half an hour with the empty glass just sniffing. It was heavenly.

Today: Coffee! Coffee and more coffee. and then some water.

Left-over lamb stew from the weekend served over white rice. It tastes even better than before.

Edited by bloviatrix (log)

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

a black and white cookie from Specialties. (chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips) all their cookies are very good if you like big, buttery underbaked cookies.

and i do :wub:

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

Today was filled with deliciousness.

A steaming bowl of pho for lunch & the caphe sua afterwards.

The snack of perfect grilled cheese sandwiches & cream of tomato soup.

And these very elusive cookies that I've spent close to three months trying to track down, my sister found them tonight!

Pepperidge Farm Lemon Nut cookies and hot, sweet lemon tea, which I'm having as I type.

gallery_11814_148_1106618717.jpg

reesek, you and I had yummy cookies today! :smile:

Edited by spaghetttti (log)

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

The GIGANTIC fresh-ground hamburger on a toasted challah roll with sauteed onions, ketchup and mayo (yes, I said mayo, get over it) that slkinsey just made for me, proving yet again that he IS the most wonderful boyfriend on the planet.

oh - with Kettle Chips sea salt & vinegar chips. And a refreshing glass of Fresca.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

A Chocolate-Pecan Tart made by Rebecca Rather (her book is The Pastry Queen) from Fredricksberg, TX. I attended a class she gave here. The texture was sooo smooth. It was something like a flourless chocolate cake, only smoother. Just divine.

Stop Family Violence

Yesterday: a heavenly dish of Khurri squash risotto at West Restaurant. Absolute bliss. And a simply perfect cappuccino to cap off the evening's meal.

Today: relatively "meh" in the food department as all else pales in comparison to last night's dinner at West. My morning latte is probably tops on the list.

Edited by Mooshmouse (log)

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg