• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

sour cream :biggrin:

I haven't had sour cream in years...

What were you thinking?

Since I stopped eating Sunday dinners at home damn near thirty years ago, I've had the good fortune to eat and to prepare food from all over the world. Still, there's nothing like a grilled steak and a properly baked potato -- no foil -- slathered with sour cream. (And, God help us, that wedge of iceburg lettuce is back in style, too).

As to the best thing today: if you're ever in DC, hit Marcel's for the boudin blanc. My wife almost wept from joy as she ate it, but she still shared, bless her.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

After being storm stayed overnight in another city by the second blizzard in 3 days, woke up absolutely famished (everything was shut down the night before) and the Golden Arches were a welcome sight (the only thing open near my hotel). Slogged a half a block to it and had two sausage McMuffins and a large amount of coffee. My first trip to McD in about 4 years, :rolleyes: and I must admit that it served the purpose well.

At the Terrace Cafe at the Venice (Calif.) Pier (shameless plug) today, I combined two salads and had the warm grilled salmon over young field greens with a warm broiled quail breast and havarti cheese. A very nice lunch and then the fog rolled in over the beach.

Captain Hongo

Definitely most delicious so far today was the coffee. We were out for the past two days and each of us kept forgetting to buy it. The tea I like to drink in the afternoon does not do the trick in the morning.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Brioche. I started the dough last night, retarded it in the fridge overnight and baked it off this morning.

All gone now, between my housekeeper and myself, we ate the whole thing along with poached eggs and some minced Serrano ham.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

a bowl of creamy porridge with a dollop of golden syrup :wub:

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

The roasted garlic and shitake mushroom omelette that I had at brunch. And the king-sized latte that I drank with it. :wub:

Edited by Mooshmouse (log)

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Yesterday: kasha varnishkes with lots of caramelized onions

Today: lamb stew

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Syrian low salt feta on top of some pita bread with a dab of hummus.

This cheese, for you Dallasites, can be found at the World International Market on Greenville. To DIE for. You really taste the lovely sourness of the cheese with out too much salt. And for $4.99 a pound..... its a steal!

Edited by nessa (log)

Last night, while watching the start of the blizzard the very best thing I ate was a chunk of Piave Vecchio. A wonderful aged goat cheese from the Veneto region of Italy. Close to the perfect cheese for me. Slightly fruity tang. Perfectly 'not-too-hard' texture.

Today, so far, only thing down the gullet has been coffee.

Stephen Bunge

St Paul, MN