• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

Ling, what a wonderful topic! :smile:

Yesterday: Angel hair pasta with shrimp & asparagus tips in alfredo sauce

Today: These very ugly, but creamy & not too sweet heavenly truffles from Trader Joe's! :raz:

gallery_11814_148_1106263767.jpg

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

I'm home with a wrenched back - oy - and it's fast comfort food for me: Frozen "Ethnic Gourmet" saag paneer, doctored with some Patak's lime pickle. Everything tastes better with valium, I swear!

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.

An awesome turkey club sandwhich (a craving I got from watching an episdoe of The West Wing of all things...)

Two toasted slices of flax bread, turkey, ham, crispy bacon, red juicey tomato, romaine lettuce, vidalia onion, mayo, spicey brown mustard, dill pickle spears, wow oh wow, totally hit the spot.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide

a goodly wedge cut off the Italian coffe torrone I got for Christmas (Torrone artigianale al caffe).

I'm trying to eat just a portion each day...

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Today:  These very ugly, but creamy & not too sweet  heavenly truffles from Trader Joe's! :raz:

gallery_11814_148_1106263767.jpg

oh yes, just "not too sweet" enough for me to usually eat five before I realized what I've done

yesterday: sunny-side up egg with the perfect running yolk with onion confit on toast

today: the pineapple pound cake I made with way too much butter

today - a massive juicy pink grapefruit.

yesterday - bulgogi with red bean paste, radish kimchee, seafood pancake and lots of wine. cooked by a dear friend. :wub:

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

smokey on a bun with extra mayonaise and mustard at the school cafeteria

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.

I just rolled out some fettuccini and tossed it with shitakes and brown butter.

Yesterday I roasted a case of red peppers for soup. Some of the peppers were a lttle dry around the edges, so I would pop them in my mouth if I couldn't peel them. The original fruit roll up.

The soup wasn't bad either.

The day before, I had some roast tenderloin left over from a party for an admiral. I made a phili cheese steak that kicked butt.

Edited by RETREVR (log)

Yesterday: a number that shall go unrevealed (oh, fine, four) of Petit Ecolier extra-darks.

Today: toss-up between a fantastic anjou pear I got at Gourmet Garage and the veal sausage & onions Sam made for dinner.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Smoked Turkey Burritos. The tortilla was schmeared with chipotle mayonnaise. The "salad" of shredded red cabbage, peppers, and red onion was dressed with an orange-cumin vinaigrette. And pieces of julienned smoked turkey.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Yesterday: the remnants of an Araguani Chocolate Tart left over from a late-night Vancouver eGulleter chocolate tart festival.

Today: roasted cauliflower. And more roasted cauliflower.

:wub: on both counts!

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg