• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

I have a picture of the famed porchetta sandwich from Salumi. It gets my vote for "Best Sandwich EVER" too!

salumiporchetta.jpg

Most delicious thing for me today...a plate of chocolate Sparkle cookies (Thomas Haas' recipe.)  :wub:

Ling, this looks amazing, but can you explain what is in the sandwich? What is porchetta?

My brother lives in Seattle, I will have to send him there!

:) Pam

Went to the MatchBox Resturant in DC today. The mini burgers were particularly excellent. Fries were over salted. But the burgers there have never dissappoint.

For dinner, wife made tofu stir fry and I grilled some korean Karbi (ribs). We had snow so I grilled in the car port. Both were real good.

Soup

Roast beef on a wheat kaiser roll with cheddar, ingredients for which picked up at the grocery store in the middle of a snowstorm that got here several hours before they said it would. When I finally made it home and put the sandwich together, I don't think anything could have tasted as good.

Marcia.

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...he lived happily ever after. -- Willy Wonka

eGullet foodblog

Ling, this looks amazing, but can you explain what is in the sandwich? What is porchetta?

My brother lives in Seattle, I will have to send him there!

:) Pam

The sandwich was filled with succulent pieces of roast pork, and also stuffed with another porky filling...kind of like a loose sausage. Slow-cooked green peppers and onions, and the richest pork juices combine and soak into the bread. Sooo delicious!

The sandwich was filled with succulent pieces of roast pork, and also stuffed with another porky filling...kind of like a loose sausage. Slow-cooked green peppers and onions, and the richest pork juices combine and soak into the bread. Sooo delicious!

And it looks like Ling ordered it with the gorgonzola. I prefer it cheeseless myself.

Also, tell your brother, if he's lucky enough to be there on one of the weeks when they are serving the Pork Cheek Sandwich as a a special, that's what he has to order. It's slow braised pork cheeks with just the right amount of seasoning. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it! I'd say the porchetta is #2 behind the pork cheek sandwich on my all time list.

^The gorgonzola was a freebie. I didn't eat it with the sandwich.  :smile: PORK CHEEK!  :wub: Hope they have that as a special next time I'm in Seattle!

Having met our darling "Ling" that day at Salumi and discussed her eating schedule, I can attest that she knows exactly what's delicious in our town! :laugh:

edit: grammar is my friend

Edited by GourmetLight$ (log)

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't often post to this thread because I think that a lot of the time, I don't eat anything that's more than merely good. But the most delicious thing I ate today was the Beef Tendon with Spicy Peppery Sauce I had as part of my dinner at Grand Sichuan St Marks tonight. :smile:

Michael aka "Pan"

The most delicious thing I ate today is also so far the only thing I've eaten today. Luckily, it was actually quite delicious:

Duck Terrine with pistachios and wine-glazed shallots, drizzled with a scrumptious wine reduction.

From this month's Gourmet. Polished it off for breakfast. Now will have to spend three days (and untold riches) to make more!

Thai-style beef curry stew with cauliflower and peanuts. Since all I can taste right now is spicy and salt (it's a NASTY cold), it had plenty of both, and the interplay of the textures of the long simmered beef, the cauliflower, and the peanuts made it more interesting.

Delicious can be a relative term.

Marcia.

who is now working on a cough drop for dessert, which is most definitely NOT the most delicious thing she's eaten today.

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted...he lived happily ever after. -- Willy Wonka

eGullet foodblog