• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2005)

Ling

I love this thread! Today I ate the last of the homemade goat cheese, long pepper and caramelized onion tart I made for a Thanksgiving appetizer. Sorry to see it go!

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

Yetty, your picture is gorgeous!!  Is the tahu simply deep-fried naked as in Red-Cooked Tofu or is this battered?

Hi, P... you are so kind, thank you for the compliment. This is called Tahu Sumedang, which is a salty, very fragile, light bean curd. It needs to swim nekkid (skinnydippin') in super hot oil for a crispy crust and airy slurpy interior.

gallery_11814_1914_11777.jpg

gallery_11814_1914_18355.jpg

It really is delicious!

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

Dark Soy and sambal marinated skinless breast of duck.

Honey butter glazed green beans, and white bean cassollette.

First real food since my gastric bypass surgery. :sad:

Da'

Jersey Guy

I Will Be..................

"The Next Food Network Star!"

Braised red cabbage with plumped dried sour cherries that my son (CIA student) made a week ago for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't quite understand why, but this stuff just gets better and better. Tomorrow's is the last serving (sob!).

Lonnie

"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all of the answers." --James Thurber

..... <snip>

Or....  it's one of those days where it was all good.

Susan, I love days like that. May we all have many!

I was wrapped in deliciousness at my favorite Japanese restaurant, Sushi Tei. Salmon belly heaven...first as sushi, then served in a simple yet intoxicating soup. The luxurious salmon morsels absolutely melted on the tongue, just like buttah!

Salmogasm :wub:

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

This was a rather atypical day for me .. took a friend out for a very special birthday lunch at Brasserie Le Coze here in Atlanta.

Lunch was magical indeed:

Duck Pate avec cornichons

Tourchons de foie gras avec les cerises

White Bean Soup, White Truffle Oil

Roast Skate Wing, Spinach and Potato Batons, Brown Butter Caper Sauce

Warm Valrhona Chocolate Souffle Cake

Needless to say, the meals for the rest of this week will be decidedly downhill ... maybe downscale is a better word ... :rolleyes:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I took my girlfreind to lunch at Devine located in Clarence St downtown Sydney.

I had Tasmanian Salmon with grilled asparagus and tomato salsa.

She had Grilled whitting fillets with a kumera [sweet potato] and eggplant couli. A glass of good south australian chardonay.

Both were delicious :smile:

Smell and taste are in fact but a single composite sense, whose laboratory is the mouth and its chimney the nose. - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

I screwed up a couple of days ago making Canolli filling. It turned out too runny to fill the shells.

So, quickly adding a few raw eggs, and pouring the mix into a Spekulatius cooky crust, baking it at 350F for 50min, cooling 8 hours, slicing and eating: delightful.

Not a Cheese Cake, not a Bavarian not a what?

Just good.

Peter