• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace (Las Vegas)

When I went to the NYC Mesa Grill, I had the Pork Tenderloin w/Bourbon Molasses sauce...it was delicious. Not sure if he has them on the Vegas menu, although I would bet that they make an appearance. Tamales are signature Flay, so those should be good too.

I had lunch there in December, and enjoyed the cornmeal crusted oysters with the mango-habanero (hope I spelled that correctly) sauce, and the mesa burger. My friends raved about the tequila marinated salmon quesadilla.

• 5 months later...

5 of us had dinner at mesa on Friday, food was good but not great. Some meats were a bit overcooked. Service was fine. All in all there just wasn't anything that made me crave to go back with so many great places still to check out in LV. The bbq duck crepe was very tastey though- but not worth $15!

• 2 years later...

In early August 2007, I spent a few food-centric days in Las Vegas. My full trip report can be seen here. This is an excerpted report on my meal at Mesa Grill:

I dine out in New York very frequently and have never been to nor even really had the desire to eat at a Bobby Flay restaurant. This, however, was Vegas, and a confluence of factors—namely the g/f’s insatiable need to eat and eat now and the g/f’s insatiable desire to follow in the path of Anthony Bourdain—led to our having a couple items off the Mesa Grill menu. Mesa Grill was exactly as I imagined it to be, solid food in an attractive if somewhat over-designed space. Not somewhere I’d make it a point to return to, but I’m kind of glad I finally went. Had the corn and shrimp tamale and the Cuban burger—kind of interesting with a thick patty of ground meat, thick slices of ham, pickles, and cheese, pressed on panini grill. The food was both heavy and heavily seasoned, but still pretty tasty. Not much more to say.

• 3 months later...
In early August 2007, I spent a few food-centric days in Las Vegas.  My full trip report can be seen here.  This is an excerpted report on my meal at Mesa Grill:

I dine out in New York very frequently and have never been to nor even really had the desire to eat at a Bobby Flay restaurant. This, however, was Vegas, and a confluence of factors—namely the g/f’s insatiable need to eat and eat now and the g/f’s insatiable desire to follow in the path of Anthony Bourdain—led to our having a couple items off the Mesa Grill menu. Mesa Grill was exactly as I imagined it to be, solid food in an attractive if somewhat over-designed space. Not somewhere I’d make it a point to return to, but I’m kind of glad I finally went. Had the corn and shrimp tamale and the Cuban burger—kind of interesting with a thick patty of ground meat, thick slices of ham, pickles, and cheese, pressed on panini grill. The food was both heavy and heavily seasoned, but still pretty tasty. Not much more to say.

I am in Vegas a few times a year and always hit the Mesa Grill. I normally am by myself and sit and the bar. I love the food and service is very personal and attentive. I may have been their to much lately, they are remembering me now. I have had most of the entry items, they are all very good. The pork tenderloin is one of their signature items. Having the duck corn tamale for a first course and the tenderloin for a main course is perfect for me. I will be staying at Caesar's for a few days next month, looking forward to Mesa Grill again.