• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Melting Pot

Monica Bhide

Oh I love it too, but I really don't think the Melting Pot could do it right!

half_raclette.jpg

Nice! I think I know what's for dinner tonight. My raclette pan is the kind with the little dishes and a grill on top.

As for Melting Pot...I went to the Rockville location with some friend's on a "mom's night out" a couple of years ago. It was fun group activity, but the food was mediocre.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

I actually enjoy the Melting Pot. They have a pretty good vegetarian plate, although as most have said, the cheese and chocolate are the best part. They have a nice selection of martinis - the bartender at the Rockville one is pretty good. Went to the Dupont Circle location once, and while it is nicer decor, the service was awful.

I think it's especially satisfying on a cold winter night, but expect to spend about 3 hours there, and yes, your clothes will smell. Kinda like if you go to a Japanese steakhouse.

It's ok. Definitely not for a foodie. 'cause the fondue is made tableside & if you get one of those angst-ridden teens as your server, kiss the chance of good fondue goodbye. my experiences have been in the Rockville joint. IMO, make it @ home. Sorry for my post's brevity, had sugery, one hand typing in effect now. :)