• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nasty Little Habits

chefreit

whoppers and more whoppers

generic store brand dill pickles liberally sprinkled with ajinomoto msg

pizza hut pan pizza - pepperoni (sometimes I beg my boyfriend to take me there for dinner)

my soon to be guilty pleasure will probably be those new deep fried mac n cheese balls from TGIfridays. I just discovered those at a local bbq place last week and I would be willing to give fridays a go.

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Everything I eat is a nasty little habit. But ever since my neighborhood burger stand - Terri's Take Out - with it's fried onion double burgers and homemade potato chips closed, when my wife's out of the house and I feel I need to be bad, I go around the corner to Taco Rio, a long-standing family-owned local restaurant for the #3 combo - taco, burrito, and beef enchilada, with rice and green chili sauce. I eat the taco and burrito for lunch, and then put the enchilada on a bed of rice and eat that for supper. :wub:

But you can find me at any number of all-you-can-eat buffet restaurants on a weekly basis. Gotta have my black pepper chicken, gotta have my CiCi's Spinach Alfredo pizza...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A favorite dish in Kansas is creamed corn on a stick.”

-Jeff Harms, actor, comedian.

>Enjoying every bite, because I don't know any better...

Can't believe I'm gonna post this. It's so anti-everything you'd normally want to eat.

Spaghetti, with butter, garlic sauteed in butter until crispy but not burned, Kraft Parm ( green can stuff, NOT real ), red pepper flakes, and Frank's Hot Sauce.

Comfort food I will eat until I am sick.

• 1 month later...
Can't believe I'm gonna post this.  It's so anti-everything you'd normally want to eat.

Spaghetti, with butter, garlic sauteed in butter until crispy but not burned, Kraft Parm ( green can stuff, NOT real ), red pepper flakes, and Frank's Hot Sauce.

Comfort food I will eat until I am sick.

Sound like PMS food to ME! :wacko:

I Will Be..................

"The Next Food Network Star!"

Archer Farms (? I think) Potato chips. God help me. They're kettle chips too, which I think means they're fried in LARD. They're from Target and I can't resist the flavors. Buffalo Wing, Black Pepper & Sea Salt, Parmesan Garlic. They're all good. Oh the humanity!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Pancho's mexican buffet (all u can eat)

Popeys chicken n biscuits wit red beans

Hormel tamalies in the can with the grease sauce

Wiener Schnitzel hot dogs wit chilli

Saltines dipped in catsup & hot sauce

shoe string potatoes in the can with BBQ sauce poured in

Zap's potatoe chips dipped in Brew Bachers home made blue cheese dressing

Sonic foot long dogs extra onions

BTW Popeys spicy chicken is brined with season salt with extra cayanne pepper

Edited by 007bond-jb (log)

BTW Popeys spicy chicken is brined in season salt with extra cayanne pepper

Thank you for that tip. I :wub::wub::wub: Popeye's fried chicken and have tried to duplicate it at home.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Archer Farms (? I think) Potato chips.  God help me.  They're kettle chips too, which I think means they're fried in LARD.  They're from Target and I can't resist the flavors.  Buffalo Wing, Black Pepper & Sea Salt, Parmesan Garlic.  They're all good.  Oh the humanity!

Another reason to stop at the Target on Baltimore Pike on the way home from work, I guess. Boy, I hope those rumors that they're looking for a site to plunk down a store in Center City are true.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

so I have a off type of living arrangement

I work monday through friday and my girlfriend lives with me thursday, friday, saturday, sunday and monday.

So those nights I really cook and make it pretty nice.

but on nights when im alone and its just me and the dog and the computer, im all about bachelor chow most nights.

my current bad addictions are

Frozen Little Debbie nutty butty bars

those Archer Farms Kettle chips,

Zapps Spicy Crawtators.

I used to be terminally hooked on Long John Silvers fish and chicken, then I got sick and im done with them now. My cholesterol thanks me.

Insanely expensive, to me at least, Organic Cheetos.

Eckrdige Farm Smoked sausage, any way, any way at all.

Walnuts pan toasted then hit wth butter and salt, eaten from the almost too hot pan while in boxer shorts and playing video games.

bologna sammiches (when you have soggy white bread and mustard only it becomes a sammich) and sunny delight.

Chick-Fil-A gravy and biscuits

Totinos frozen pizzas, in the red box that they give away damn near at the mega mart

canned spray cheese and keebler crackers, I forget english as I eat that and "embrace the ape"

armour potted "meat"

I forget the name of these things but they come in a yellow can and are little sausages really dark and oily with a little fat boy's head on the front.

I never buy them myself, but my mom always had them when i was little and now when I visit I "borrow" a few and get home and call her and tell her that I "borrowed" them. Oh man, Ill have to get the name of these oily little gems.

After Reading this

<i>

Pancho's mexican buffet (all u can eat)

Popeys chicken n biscuits wit red beans

Sonic foot long dogs extra onions

</i>

I had to check to see if 007bond-jb didn't live down the street from me.

• 2 months later...

Go to Burger King and get a double cheeseburger and small fries. put the fries inside the bun and squish. get a dollop of mayo on your plate , and dip your burger/fry sammy in it.. I think they put crack in the food at our BK> :blink:

Yeah, this could also go under PMS too! :laugh:

---------------------------------------

These fall into the once or twice a year category of indulgences-

Skyline Chili- three way

bologna sandwich- only Ekrich beef bologna will do

grilled cheese with Kraft singles- O.K. this one is way more than once or twice a year especially since I have nieces and nephews that visit regularly. I have tried to find better alternatives but none hit the spot the way a Kraft single does. Last week I picked up an organic singles pack of cheese (actual real cheese too) they taste good on their own but in a grilled cheese sandwich, not as good as Kraft.

I have this thing for McDonald's hashbrowns. I just love them. My method is to bring them home, melt some velveeta in the micro, and dip the hashbrowns in the "cheese" bite by bite. Is this gross or as yummy as I think? Oh, never mind, it's yummy- as long as no one else is around to see me eat it! :biggrin:

Melissa

I usually avoid the place because the McHangover grows worse with age, but I still occasionally have a hankering for MickeyD's cheesburger-like-substances, and am still convinced I could inhale 15 of them without coming up for air.

The trick they have achieved through modern evil science is that you can go years, even decades without gumming one (they offer no resistance to the tooth so you can't call it chewing) and then one day you pony up 75 cents and it tastes precisely — mathematically, militarily precisely — as your brain remembers. The Robble-Robble lobe throbs in recognition. Taste memory satisfied, and that's what it's all about. The memory of McDonalds cheeseburgers, not the present.

McDonalds cheeseburgers have nothing to do whatsoever with actual cheeseburgers, and that is not by accident.

I have a thing for KFC's original recipe fried chicken.  They may be a soggy, greasy, and msg laden mess to others, but to me, they are tasty, juicy, and delicate morsels of finger lickin' goodness...

Extra Crispy. I was waiting for somebody to mention KFC. Extra Crispy does it for me. They sometimes offer a large bucket of dark meat for $5, and I've been known to get it in extra crispy and eat the whole thing.

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely Taco Bell-specifically, crunchy tacos, bean burrito-no onion, & occasionally, a Mexican Pizza, all w/ liberal toppings of hot sauce.

At home, I cave in to lesser cheeses-domestic smoked gouda, Neufchatel, standard cheddar, (& this is not a lesser cheese-I really like Cabot 50% lowerfat cheddar, in slices). & I like Utz's Salt & vinegar chips...

gallery_11814_148_1106266766.jpg

I am so nasty, I will say no more on the subject  (maybe):cool:

How can it be BAD when it is SOOOO GOOD! (Especially right off the line ... hot warm sugary goodness)

Peanut M&M's. I'm absolutely crazy about them. To the point where I have to avoid buying the big bags in the grocery store because I'll eat them until I make myself sick.

Flickr: Link

Instagram: Link

Twitter: Link

this will only mean something to Ozzies..........I crave Chico rolls, not the new improved low salt, low fat, low everything abominations, I mean the real McCoy........maybe absence DOES make the heart grow fonder

this will only mean something to Ozzies..........I crave Chico rolls, not the new improved low salt, low fat, low everything abominations, I mean the real McCoy........maybe absence DOES make the heart grow fonder

Dare you to order one. I think you'll find it not as good as you remember.

Personally, the battered sav still holds appeal for me. I probably haven't had one in ten years, but very occasionally the craving grabs me.

Personally, the battered sav still holds appeal for me. I probably haven't had one in ten years, but very occasionally the craving grabs me.

would give either a bash but rural Somerset is thousands of miles from the nearest place I could :huh:

with a bottle of Rosella tomato sauce on the side; is my age showing??

Edited by insomniac (log)

would give either a bash but rural Somerset is thousands of miles from the nearest place I could :huh:

Woops.. I didn't notice your location. I'd have one in your honour, but I wasn't mad about them in the first place.