• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steak in Bellevue

My niece has a 21st birthday coming up and her mother wants to take her and a group of people (10) out for dinner this Saturday night. My niece suggested Daniel's Broiler but my sister-in-law isn't sold on spending $500 for dinner.

I was reviewing previous threads on places to eat on the Eastside but didn't note any places that would fit the bill so I thought I would post a new thread.

Specifically, I am looking for someplace that will serve a decent Filet Mignon for the birthday girl and won't end up being $50 per plate. Am I out of my mind to think there might be a place where it will be more in the $25-ish range?

I suggested Jak's in Issaquah but they don't take reservations.

Oh - and specifically - They are wanting a place in Bellevue.

Is there such a place?

Any advice is welcome.

THANKS

Della

I would have suggested JaK's too...

Can't think of anything else in Bellevue, but how about Redmond? I can think of two other places, but not sure how well they will suit the purpose. I've heard, but don't have first-hand knowledge, that Beck's Steak and Seafood in Redmond is good.

Second suggestion is Claim Jumper. Certainly (certainly!) isn't Daniel's or the Met, but you just know the filet will be HUGE!

Ahh, don't bit my head off, but how about The Keg? :unsure:

Rocky

Actually, the Keg crossed my mind also. Thanks for the ideas. I will make a couple calls to a few of these places and make my inquiries for the family.

Darn kids! ha ha :biggrin:

Yarrow Point Beach Cafe has a January Special - Porterhouse for just under $25. Also, 3-course dinners for $25. No straight filet - but I bet they could accommodate a special request.

Beach Cafe

Matt's Rotesserie and Oyster House in Redmond Town Center? Haven't been, but I hear good things.

Two words:  Black Angus.

Two words: NOT IN A MILLION YEARS

Oh wait, that is more than two words.....Regardless, IMO, not in a million years.

Let me rephrase - I say not in a million years.

My mistake and now I must admit, Adiabatic is my darling boyfriend......and I posted my reply on his log in. (note to self - must remember to not use boyfriend computer!)

Della

Two words:  Black Angus.

Two words: NOT IN A MILLION YEARS

Oh wait, that is more than two words.....Regardless, IMO, not in a million years.

Amen! I swear the only reason they stay in business is those coupons they put out in the Sunday paper every week.

Rocky

Specifically, I am looking for someplace that will serve a decent Filet Mignon for the birthday girl and won't end up being $50 per plate. Am I out of my mind to think there might be a place where it will be more in the $25-ish range?

Three words: Bis on Main. Be sure to make a reservation as they are usually quite full. http://www.bisonmain.com/index.html

There are other steaks to be had in Bellevue, but they seem to be at places that are very expensive, and "not even good enough to go more than once" places like Daniel's or Ruth Chris.

I wonder if I will get jumped for saying that? I know some people like thise kind of places, but they don't do anything for me and the prices are outrageous. Well, it is my post so I get to state my opinion.....Save your money for a gift, and go have a lovely meal at Bis :smile:

Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented -- J. Esther

Bis on Main -

This place looks like the best bet so far.

THANKS!

PS - I worked for as a waitress for many years at Black Angus when I was young and silly - Don't get me started.

Della