• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Display Case

eem

Hi,

It's been such a long time since I've spent time on egullet, mostly because I've been working on opening a chocolate shop....hooray!

Anyway, I'm looking for a chocolate display case and wondered if any kind souls had some suggestions. I will be storing fresh ganache filled chocolates, etc. I have seen the websites of Vega showcases but they are too bulky for my tiny space and they require electrical and plumbing adjustments to the space. I have also seen the Fixture group cases and those look good so far but I wanted to check with you all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Thanks chiantiglace,

I think those are for refrigeratable foods. Chocolate is quite prissy and needs an atmosphere of low 60s F and controlled humidity. I think I may have found one to look at at my neighborhood restaurant supply. We'll see how it is.

Thanks,

E.

Elizabeth,

that is exciting about your chocolate shop, can you tell us more, where is it, what are you making etc.?

I know Federal makes display cases for pastries, I don't know if they make anything for chocolates though. You can find Federal cases at bigtray.com. Bakery World also has some chocolate cases, but they may be too large for you http://www.bakeryequipmentworld.com/arctica-ccrseries.html

Edited by Lysbeth (log)

Lysbeth

How is the shop coming? I've been thinking of you lately and wondering about it. :smile: I was just about to PM you about it.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Thanks Lisbeth,

I checked that site and I liked the design, but even though they call it a chocolate display case the temperature range on it is still too low. Thanks though...

I'm working on opening a little, I mean TINY chocolate shop/kitchen in NW Porltand, nothing crazy fancy, just someplace to get fresh chocolates and espresso. It probably won't be finished until after Valentine's Day (boo hoo!) but I'll keep plugging along.

Hi Pam,

Hope you're doing well!

E.