• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
slarochelle

New Ray's in Silver Spring

Sweetfreak posted it first, but I though it should get it's own thread:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Jan18.html

This terrific news for a few reasons:

1. It's another non-chain in an ever growing dining/entertainment area.

2. The original has already proven to be worthy destination - hopefully the same will happen here.

3. I've been in my house for 3 1/2 years, and just recently learned it's only a 1 1/4 mile walk to Colesville & Ga Ave.

4. Our kitchen will be renovated this spring and out of commission for a month, hopefully after Ray's opens.

Yeah, baby! Living just down the road from what should surely rather have been called "Ray's The Steaks: Double Or Nothing," I'm going to have my nose pressed up against the glass waiting for this to open and fully intend on bringing my own screaming offspring in many a night after it does. How's the kids' menu coming along, Michael?

PS: That link is crook. This ought to work.

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Thanks for the link! I drive past the Lee Buidling on the corner of Georgia and Colesville every day, and I was just wondering what would be going into that space that Crisfield had occupied. This is great news! But are 120 seats enough?!! :raz:

Excellent news. I may have to work out of our Silver Spring office more often.

Michael -- keep us posted on the progress so that we can properly welcome you to the neighborhood.

:biggrin:

If someone writes a book about restaurants and nobody reads it, will it produce a 10 page thread?

Joe W

Lunch service is surely going to make a big difference to the feel of the new place, too. Less of a 'labor of love' vibe probably, but also more chance for more people to try something a cut above the chain pablum that's otherwise prevalent in the area. Just don't douse the Diablo too much for the food court palates, pretty please.

(PS: Do three significant openings in the course of half a year or so -- Jackies, Mandalay and Ray's Classics -- make Silver Spring a bona fide new restaurant hotspot? All we need now is a Jose Andres joint.)

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Lunch service is surely going to make a big difference to the feel of the new place, too. Less of a 'labor of love' vibe probably, but also more chance for more people to try something a cut above the chain pablum that's otherwise prevalent in the area. Just don't douse the Diablo too much for the food court palates, pretty please.

(PS: Do three significant openings in the course of half a year or so -- Jackies, Mandalay and Ray's Classics -- make Silver Spring a bona fide new restaurant hotspot? All we need now is a Jose Andres joint.)

Dude, the baby's only been home two days and already he's working baby food jargon into his posts.

Sign in to follow this