• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

What‘s your plan with that ? I can get them in my local supermarket, too, but other than two curry pastes I haven’t really found a useful application …

I'm new to working with fresh turmeric, but in the past have often used the ground variety. While curries are the obvious choice, they are something I rarely do.

I find it has a natural affinity with chicken. My go to chicken dish is something like this turmeric chicken recipe. Another is Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons.

It also goes well with coconut so I have made a variation on this Smashed Cucumbers with Turmeric, Coconut, and Peanuts

Please note that I have never followed those recipes above to the letter; they are just what I can find similar to what I have done.

Some other recipes that have caught my eye but I haven't made yet are:

Honey-Turmeric Pork with Beet and Carrot Salad

Grilled Clams with Aleppo Pepper, Tumeric, and Lime Butter

Chicken Khao Soi

Yellow Chicken Adobo

P.S.  I often add it to my fried rice.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

What‘s your plan with that ? I can get them in my local supermarket, too, but other than two curry pastes I haven’t really found a useful application …

I'm new to working with fresh turmeric, but in the past have often used the ground variety. While curries are the obvious choice, that is something I rarely do.

I find it has a natural affinity with chicken. My go to chicken dish is something like this turmeric chicken recipe. Another is Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons.

It also goes well with coconut so I have made a variation on this Smashed Cucumbers with Turmeric, Coconut, and Peanuts

Please note that I have never followed those recipes above to the letter; they are just what I can find similar to what I have done.

Chicken Khao Soi

Yellow Chicken Adobo

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I'm new to working with fresh turmeric, but in the past have often used the ground variety. While curries are the obvious choice, that is something I rarely do.

Chicken Khao Soi

Yellow Chicken Adobo

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I find it has a natural affinity with chicken. My go to chicken dish is something like this turmeric chicken recipe.
Another is Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons.

Chicken Khao Soi

Yellow Chicken Adobo