• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nonya, have they relocated yet?

cheekycook

iroc is correct--they're at bernard west and waverley. i saw they had a menu in the window yesterday--but no clue if they're open. if you go, please report back!

:-)

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great meal there last night. I had originally gone to Nonya at their St Laurent location, but was dissuaded from going to their downtown site for some reason.

They really brought their restaurant to a new level in terms of food quality and overall look of both food presentation and decor.

We had the rijstafel which is a traditional Indonesian "tasting menu". Every little plate was delicious with each taste complimenting the other. By the way, the black rice pudding was the best I ever tasted. Warm, gooey, and not too sweet.

Will go back with friends.....