• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2002 Donnafugata “Sedara”

Jean Brislance

2002 Donnafugata “Sedara” Nero d’Avola Sicilia - Dark purplish-red color. A very pretty and softly perfumed nose, showing some cherry, smoke, and dried herbs. Flavors of cherry, red berry, minerals, and a slight smokiness as well. Lighter in texture and body. The tannins are fine and very soft in the mouth. The finish is clean and of medium length. Nice bargain wine, and was tasty with some homemade lasagna with Italian sausage! Price was $17.

All the best,

Jean

jean,

i tasted some of this vineyard's wines while in sicily in 2000.

i'll try to get the owner of the small wine shop i work at part time to get a taste.

thanks for the tip. i've heard that mille et une nuits is great, but it comes with a price.

keep on tasting,

marco

2002 Donnafugata “Sedara” Nero d’Avola Sicilia - Dark purplish-red color.  A very pretty and softly perfumed nose, showing some cherry, smoke, and dried herbs.  Flavors of cherry, red berry, minerals, and a slight smokiness as well.  Lighter in texture and body.  The tannins are fine and very soft in the mouth.  The finish is clean and of medium length.  Nice bargain wine, and was tasty with some homemade lasagna with Italian sausage!  Price was $17. 

All the best,

Jean

jean,

i tasted some of this vineyard's wines while in sicily in 2000.

i'll try to get the owner of the small wine shop i work at part time to get a taste.

thanks for the tip. i've heard that mille et une nuits is great, but it comes with a price.

keep on tasting,

marco

Hi Marco,

I had the '99 Donnafugata Mille e una Notte at a tasting last summer, and I thought it was a most interesting wine. Lots of tar, smoke, and dark fruit...one of my dining companions described it as almost Amarone-like, for what it is worth. It was a lot of fun to be able to try it because, as you said, it is kind of spendy!

All the best,

Jean