• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 5/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, andiesenji said:

I don't roll crackers with a rolling pin.  I use the pasta roller.  For me it is much easier.

I will try that method if/when I ever make crackers again.  It would never have worked with this recipe.  It was almost crumbly.  And extremely sticky.  

I should say that sitting for a couple of days improved the taste and texture of these crackers.  The dough was still a PITA to work with though. 😁

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

12 hours ago, andiesenji said:

I don't roll crackers with a rolling pin.  I use the pasta roller.  For me it is much easier.

I will try that method if/when I ever make crackers again.  It would never have worked with this recipe.  It was almost crumbly.  And extremely sticky.