• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New tea Lounge in Syracuse NY

phaelon56

The Roji Tea Lounge opened some months back right here in my hometown and I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't yet visited. Imagine my chagrin upon discovering that one of the owners is the brother of a young woman who works for us in our espresso cafe!

I'm impressed that a place with this sort of dedicated approach to aesthetic issues and beverage quality has opened in a small city like this and hereby vow that I'll get in there sooner than later and report back.

Are tea lounges becoming popular in larger metro areas and just now appearing in smaller cities such as ours or is the entire trend itself one that's relatively new in the US?

• 1 month later...
The Roji Tea Lounge opened some months back right here in my hometown and I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't yet visited....

I'm impressed that a place with this sort of dedicated approach to aesthetic issues and beverage quality has opened in a small city like this and hereby vow that I'll get in there sooner than later and report back.

Been there yet, Owen? We have not, although we've walked past it several times.

Lonnie

"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all of the answers." --James Thurber

• 2 weeks later...
What neighborhood is the tea lounge located?  What are they serving?

From their website (CLICK HERE to see it ):

roji - tea lounge

108 East Washington St., Suite 2

Syracuse, NY 13202-1610

Tel: (315) 428-0844

E-mail: realteas@roji-tealounge.com

Door will be locked 15 minutes before closing so that you will have the time to order and sit down to enjoy the tea experience with no rush. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Sun, Mon, Tue 3:00pm - 11:00pm

Wed Closed

Thu, Fri, Sat 3:00pm - Midnight

- - - - -

They're in the heart of downtown Syracuse. Go to the above link to learn more about it.

Cheers,

Lonnie

"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all of the answers." --James Thurber